This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Photo

purple

purple Community Regular

Forgive me , I am not very good with computers. So my dd helped me find a photo and its over in my control panel displayed in the box. How do I get it where I can see it next to my posts? Plz make it real simple...step-by-step.

Another dumb? What does IMO stand for?? :(

I also am having a problem with having to scroll to every post instead of clicking on only the I want to read. It didn't used to be like this. How can I fix it back the way it was.

K.I.S.S. keep it simple stupid(meaning me, the stupid one! :lol::angry::blink: )

THANKS BUNCHES :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

home-based-mom Contributor
Forgive me , I am not very good with computers. So my dd helped me find a photo and its over in my control panel displayed in the box. How do I get it where I can see it next to my posts? Plz make it real simple...step-by-step.

Another dumb? What does IMO stand for?? :(

I also am having a problem with having to scroll to every post instead of clicking on only the I want to read. It didn't used to be like this. How can I fix it back the way it was.

K.I.S.S. keep it simple stupid(meaning me, the stupid one! :lol::angry::blink: )

THANKS BUNCHES :)

As someone who absolutely loves the K.I.S.S. rule, :lol: I can help with at least part of this.

For the picture, click on "My Controls" then "Edit Avatar Settings" on the left. The picture we all see for each post is called an "Avatar" and to put something there click on "Browse" and follow probably the same steps you did to upload the picture to your personal photo.

IMO means In My Opinion. IMHO is In My Humble Opinion. JMHO means Just My Humble Opinion. Etc.

I'll let someone else handle the board scrolling issues! :blink:

Darn210 Enthusiast

I'm not quite sure I understand your scrolling issues but display modes tend to get reset for some reason or another. If that is your problem (and even if it isn't, it won't hurt to do this) try clicking on the "Options" button on the right at the top of a topic. Under "Display Modes", click standard. It's also possible that you have always been in "linear" and now it's "standard", in which case, just switch to linear . . . or not if this isn't what you were talking about :P

From home_based_mom:

For the picture, click on "My Controls" then "Edit Avatar Settings" on the left. The picture we all see for each post is called an "Avatar" and to put something there click on "Browse" and follow probably the same steps you did to upload the picture to your personal photo.

The "Browse" button lets you find the directory/folder/filename that your picture is located in on your computer.

Does that make sense?? Let us know if we have thoroughly confused you . . . :lol:

purple Community Regular

Oh, Thanks guys! I completely understand. ;)

In my terms;

When my dd gets home she can read your directions and walk me thru it. YAY!!! Simple ;)

:blink::rolleyes::lol::P:blink:

WOW!...I did it!!! It worked and I am so excited Im gonna go bake those cookies...mmm

I will send some your way for helping me!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well I clicked on standard and linear before and now and nothing changed but when I clicked on outline it went back to normal. Whew...I am glad its fixed now. No more scrolling...

Thanks again guys, I couldn't have done it without you!!!

home-based-mom Contributor
WOW!...I did it!!! It worked and I am so excited Im gonna go bake those cookies...mmm

I will send some your way for helping me!!!

YAY! The cookies look yummy! :D It's way to hot and muggy here to even think about baking!

purple Community Regular
YAY! The cookies look yummy! :D It's way to hot and muggy here to even think about baking!

Try the new recipe I just found and posted in "baking", I made 1/4 recipe and am headin back to make some more!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Crystal Brown Rookie

I've been attempting to change my avatar and personal picture. However, it seems that the previous photo I had up is stuck there. The silly thing wont go away! I've tried the following:

- Delete the previous avatar and profile picture (both seem stuck). It did say the photo was deleted and that no avatar or personal picture existed.

- Let it sit for a while, sign out and sign back in.

- Upload one of the generic photos provided by Celiac.com - the avatar showed up as the generic photo, but then I decided to try uploading a new avatar from my computer and that threw everything off again.

- Size each of the photos UNDER the 150x150 and make sure they were under 50k.

BTW. My image is just a regular jpeg image. Nothing special.. Just a regular image.

The personal photo showed up for a little bit when I uploaded the image from my computer, but then I hit refresh and the old image came back - AGAIN!

I don't understand how the silly thing keeps coming back - I deleted it.. Both of them.

Before I pull my hair out.. What do I do?

H

E

L

P

Thanks,

Crystal

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

purple Community Regular
I've been attempting to change my avatar and personal picture. However, it seems that the previous photo I had up is stuck there. The silly thing wont go away! I've tried the following:

- Delete the previous avatar and profile picture (both seem stuck). It did say the photo was deleted and that no avatar or personal picture existed.

- Let it sit for a while, sign out and sign back in.

- Upload one of the generic photos provided by Celiac.com - the avatar showed up as the generic photo, but then I decided to try uploading a new avatar from my computer and that threw everything off again.

- Size each of the photos UNDER the 150x150 and make sure they were under 50k.

BTW. My image is just a regular jpeg image. Nothing special.. Just a regular image.

The personal photo showed up for a little bit when I uploaded the image from my computer, but then I hit refresh and the old image came back - AGAIN!

I don't understand how the silly thing keeps coming back - I deleted it.. Both of them.

Before I pull my hair out.. What do I do?

H

E

L

P

Thanks,

Crystal

Sorry, but...don't ask me :blink::lol:

Archived