Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrsfish_94

Rice Muffins....i Have A Question

I made Bob's red mill---Sue's rice muffins. Only without the nuts and with egg sub. and thawed blueberries. They tasted so good! But they are sticking to the cupcake cup I used. I have the hardest time getting them off the paper. Does anyone have suggestions? I can only imagine what getting them out of a muffin tin would be like.

mrsfish

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Try spraying the paper liner cups with a vegetable spray like Pam before putting the batter in. It should help.

I have to remind myself to do that now and then too, since most muffins, unless real high in fat, tend to stick.

Kandee

This was the first gluten-free anything ...That I have baked. Except for the chicken nuggets. Those were cooked and came out still a little dusty. I figure that since I was using asian rice flour that, I need to not coat them so much with flour.

Thanks for the info!

mrsfish :D

I

know what you mean. I find that I would rather have them stick than use oil or a spray, my personal preference I guess. My brother complains about it but hey if he wants them not to stick he can make them himself!

Anyway, some oil or a non-stick spray does work well with muffins or brownies and such.