Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lilliexx

Looking For Good Bread Products

I am currently going through bread withdrawls. I am craving soft white bread. (french,sourdough, etc) and i don't really want to make it my self. All the pre-made breads i have tried are hard and stale tasting and have to be heated. I was thinking there HAS to be some ready made gluten-free breads that are soft and actually taste like bread. If anyone knows of any PLEASE PLEASE let me know!!!!!

also i am looking for a good PIZZA CRUST mix. again, one that actually tastes like real pizza.

thanks a lot!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

thankyou. i have heard of that brand but havnt tried it. they say the white bread is soft....so i will try it. thanks so much. if it really does taste like real bread i will buy it every week from now on :rolleyes:

In my opinion, Sterk's Sandwich Bread is THE best gluten free bread that I have ever had AND i have tried most of the others including homemade. Sterk's Sandwich Bread is the closest to "real" wheat bread :D

Sterk's also makes yummy bagels, pizza crusts, hamburger buns, hotdog buns, sponge cakes, and many different flavoured breads.

http://www.gluten free.com/glu/showdetl.cfm...ID=1738&CATID=1

i am not a big fan of chebe...i tried to make it twice...and it seemed like it was raw on the inside....i am not sure what happened there....i think i cooked it long enough. it was a weird texture. i will check out the sterks. thanks for the replies.

Guest gfinnebraska

My favorite breads that are flavored are the Dietary Specialties mixes. IF you are interested in straying from white bread! They make banana bread, blueberry muffins and apple bread mix. I make them all as muffins ~ great as a take-to-work breakfast!! They are moist and full of flavor. They are gluten free and dairy free. :) I buy them from http:\\www.glutensolutions.com. Cheaper than straight from the company.