Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Enviorkidz Products!

Hi- I posted last week that my celiac GI symptoms where acting up something fierce........... well they still are.

Now have a Question I have been thinking about it. About 3 hours after my breakfast this Am GI symtoms cam on back.

Now I have been eating the following for breakfast over the past few weeks:

EnviorKidz Amazon Frosted flakes or Gorilla munch or peanut butter panda puffs.

Now the box says Gluten Free.......... but does anyone know if they are Wheat free???

:huh:

Help!

Thanks Terry, Dumont NJ

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If it says gluten free it will not have wheat in it. Gluten is found in wheat. I eat those envirokidz cereals all the time. I like that brand alot. Could there be something else that you are sensitive to?

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Yes they are fine

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/...ail/603389.html

Maybe you're reacting to the milk in your cereal. Lactose intoleracne is common in celiacs, try drinking lactaid or lacteeze milk.

Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004

Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003

Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

Envirokidz had some issues about a year ago with contamination. They were not testing their batches to make sure they were OK. I sure hope this problem isn't comming up again. You might try giving them a call to see when the last time they tested was.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

Hi- Thanks for all your replys. I already use lactaid milk. But I did call up the company and ask about cross contamination .......... I was told that they produce the cereals with the most allergens 1st then do a whole clean up of the production line and kitchen area before producting anything else. They also test the Gluten free cereals at random for cross contamination, I was told.

I am still a little bit leary......... because I am sooooo sensative. So I think I will stay away from it for a while......... then try it again when I have a few days off.

Thanks Terry, Dumont NJ ;)

Archived