Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amber M

Celiacs Tests

Hi, I am new to this site and have been gluten free for a month now. I have done the elimination and re-introduction 3 times, getting sick each time. I finally ended up in the emergency room on Aug. 8 and they ran a Iga blood test. I got the results today which are negative. I was off of gluten-wheat for 4 days by the time I had the test. My allergist is the one who is listening to me and thinks its wheat too. He said I have to be eating the wheat when I have the test. 4 days could make that difference? I am being scheduled for an endescope with a biopsy soon. Do I have to eat wheat for that to show it???? Please, somebody, help answer my questions. I have had many other tests which show nothing, yet I have all of the celiac symptoms including neurological problems. Thanks, Amber M

Amber Martin

Gluten Free since Mid July 2008 (except a few slips)

Soy Free for over 30 years, Corn free Jan. 2009

Allergic to Clams, legumes, Soy, Pine Pollen

Still can't digest all grains (except brown rice), processed sugar

Gene Test: HLA-DQB1-Allele 1 0301

HLA-DQB1-Allele 2 0603 (genes from both parents)

Serologic equivalent HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 7,6)

Imulogical Gluten Sensitivity

Gluten Ataxia

Tested negative for Celiac on Blood Test after being gluten free

Tested negative for Celiac on Single Biopsy-upper intest. after being gluten free for 3 months

Candida

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hello

Yes you most absolutly have to be eating gluten for the tests to be accurate. You may not be healed yet so if you were off gluten then it may show up in your biopsy, but for the tests to be most accurate you should be consuming gluten for 6-8 weeks before your biopsy.

If you don't need the diagnosis, and you said the diet is working, then that itself is a diagosis.

Good luck

Gluten Free since Apr 14-08

Mar 08.....Blood work-Positive for Celiac Results were High (92)

Apr 08....Biopsy Results indicating abnormalities associated with celiac disease & Villi atrophy.

May-08.... Appendicitis

July 08.....X-ray indicates Degenerative Disc Disease

Symptoms that the gluten free diet has helped: All Stomach Problems, Bloating, Vomiting, Heartburn & D, Energy, overall feeling of health again, Migraine, Degenerative disc Disease, and Infertility.

Hello

Yes you most absolutly have to be eating gluten for the tests to be accurate. You may not be healed yet so if you were off gluten then it may show up in your biopsy, but for the tests to be most accurate you should be consuming gluten for 6-8 weeks before your biopsy.

If you don't need the diagnosis, and you said the diet is working, then that itself is a diagosis.

Good luck

Thanks so much for your response, I thought that was the case from all I have read, but I needed to hear it. I can not eat the stuff for 6 to eight weeks, I will be too ill to work. I will still have the biopsy because I do not think I am healed. I have had alot of stomach problems that seem to be getting better, but I have an upper diod (sp) ache that is non stop at times. I accidently ate gluten last week one time, and I am still paying for it now. I just want the face numbness and tingling to stop! I lose my balance and feel like I am going to pass out. They have checked my heart, brain and everything else and it appears they are okay. I am taking 1000 mg of magnisium ordered by my allergist MD. It does seem to be helping some. I thank you. Amber M.

Amber Martin

Gluten Free since Mid July 2008 (except a few slips)

Soy Free for over 30 years, Corn free Jan. 2009

Allergic to Clams, legumes, Soy, Pine Pollen

Still can't digest all grains (except brown rice), processed sugar

Gene Test: HLA-DQB1-Allele 1 0301

HLA-DQB1-Allele 2 0603 (genes from both parents)

Serologic equivalent HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 7,6)

Imulogical Gluten Sensitivity

Gluten Ataxia

Tested negative for Celiac on Blood Test after being gluten free

Tested negative for Celiac on Single Biopsy-upper intest. after being gluten free for 3 months

Candida