This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Mail-friendly Foods To Ship To Celiac Overseas (underway)

ilovemyceliac

ilovemyceliac Newbie

Help! My name is Shaina and I am new to this board :)

My husband is in the Navy. He was recently diagnosed with Celiac. I need to know of any good ideas of foods to send him while he is underway (out to sea). This underway is about a month. I've baked him some goodies like gluten-free brownies and gluten-free cookies that I plan on sending to him. But I wanted to know if you guys knew of any gluten-free foods I can ship to him that are also Ready To Eat or Heat-N-Eat??

Sometimes, he doesn't really get much to eat because not many of his choices are gluten-free free except for fruit. But he can't survive off of fruit and he doesn't want to get too bothersome because he doesn't want to be medically discharged...

So, it's up to me now lol to make sure my baby doesn't go hungry and is getting good nutrition...

Thanks so much!!!!

Shaina

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MaryJones2 Enthusiast
Help! My name is Shaina and I am new to this board :)

My husband is in the Navy. He was recently diagnosed with Celiac. I need to know of any good ideas of foods to send him while he is underway (out to sea). This underway is about a month. I've baked him some goodies like gluten-free brownies and gluten-free cookies that I plan on sending to him. But I wanted to know if you guys knew of any gluten-free foods I can ship to him that are also Ready To Eat or Heat-N-Eat??

Sometimes, he doesn't really get much to eat because not many of his choices are gluten-free free except for fruit. But he can't survive off of fruit and he doesn't want to get too bothersome because he doesn't want to be medically discharged...

So, it's up to me now lol to make sure my baby doesn't go hungry and is getting good nutrition...

Thanks so much!!!!

Shaina

Shaina,

Welcome! Open Original Shared Link and Open Original Shared Link both have many gluten-free options that might work for you.

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

There are a lot of different fruit and granola bars, just look in a health food store. Ener-G also has a lot of options that do not expire fast.

Good luck.

ilovemyceliac Newbie

Thanks to Everyone! I am going to check everything!

Motorboater Explorer

Hello..........I was just introduced to these granola/fruit bars called Lara bars. I live in Illinois and found them at my Jewel store and they are good. The other thing you might want to check into making yourself is homemade snack mix. I make mine with Chex cereal (the new gluten free one) and add chocolate chips, banana chips, crainsins, dried apples (from the bag) and almonds;(M&M's if he likes sweets) You could make it and put it in zip lock baggies or vacuum seal smaller bags, that way he could open them as he wants them. Starkist tuna in a pouch is a good protien snack. Get some packages of gluten-free crackers and Jif peanut butter in the individual servings. If I think of anything else I'll post.

Good Luck

Pam

Mango04 Enthusiast

Do you have a Trader Joe's nearby? Trader Joe's or a health food store would be you best bet for stuff to send. Here are some ideas:

Trader Joe's gluten-free granola

Alpsnak bars

Lara Bars

Trader Joe's lentil rice biryani (ready to heat meal)

nuts

tortilla chips

Enjoy Life trail mix

Mrs. May's energy bars

Trader Joe's instant rice noodle soups

Tasty bites indian meals

Thai kitchen stuff (soups, pad thai etc)

Energ bread

Dr. McDougall's instant soups (don't always ship well but you could try)

Enjoy Life bars

Glutino bars

Trader Joe's spanish lentils (ready to heat meal)

Trader Joe's white beans (ready to heat meal)

Archived