This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

gluten-free One Year And Crazy

Debbie-in-the-warp

Debbie-in-the-warp Newbie
I actually contacted Haagen-Daz early on and they have many gluten-free flavors. They mailed me an info sheet in response to my phone query and some coupons, too. :)

The flavors that DO contain gluten (in the superpremium category) are:

Caramel Cone

Cookie Dough

Cookies and Cream

Sticky Toffee Pudding

The rest are fine. The light version is fine except for Caramel Cone.

If you have a specific flavor in mind, I'll look on my sheet for you. But if you call the company, maybe you'll get coupons!

By the way, if I sent you my address, would you be able to send me a copy of that list? It would be so important to me.

Thanks again.~D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CCR Newbie

Dulce de Leche is fine.

Debbie, you really should call Haagen Dazs. You'll get your own list (and who knows, it may have even more flavors on it) and you might get COUPONS. To buy ICE CREAM. What could be better? Call 800-767-0120. They are very nice on the phone.

If I had a xerox machine or a fax I would totally send you a copy. But I don't. So sorry!

Dulce de Leche is my son's fav flavor, too. And he's gluten-free. Don't despair.

RiceGuy Collaborator

If your body can't handle the dairy, you can still have ice cream. There are a few brands made with coconut milk, such as this one: Open Original Shared Link

Crystal Brown Rookie

Oh my goodness, I know exactly how you feel!

While I was still working, I would get comments that ranged from the following:

Lady whispers, "Oooh look at that. Her shadow is bigger than she is!"

Friend of a friend waltzes in, "I have the PERFECT idea! Let's dress you all in black and have you follow me around a buffet. I'll eat everything and you can just WATCH me eat.. Make sure to look super depressed!"

Co-worker proclaims, "Have you lost more weight!? You poor thing!"

Old friend comes in, "Wow... Do you eat??? Get this girl a sandwich!!!!"

and my personal favorite...

Co-worker explaining to a client about my weight, "Oh, she's a toothpick because of a disease. The poor thing. Oh I know. I would hate to look like that." Then I walk by.. "Ohhh, I wish I looked like you!" I'm out of earshot (they think).. "Yeah right! If I wanted people to think I was anorexic or a druggy!"

Oh and one more - From the lady I worked with until she drove me insane:

"The first time I saw you.. I thought you were a recovering crack addict, anorexic hooker."

I love people =)

Needless to say, protein is my friend, Starbucks is the enemy and gluten is the arch nemesis.

I hope you continue to feel better and find foods that do the trick.

Hugs!

From a fellow pre-teen ;-D

I want to thank you for the laugh about the pre-teen section...yeah, it's true!!! I have been trying to eat anything and everything but no luck. I will try even more protein...thanks! Someone I kinda know seen me last week and yells out" Would you eat something already!" and I felt like (well, first hitting him) saying "I would if I could you jerk!!!

Anyway, have a good day.

Knightley Newbie

WEIRD!

I don't drink Starbucks often, only as a treat. I am VERY sensitive to gluten...I know right away whether I had it or not. And I have NEVER been glutened by Starbucks...I have looked at the ingredients for all the drinks, and so to my knowledge there is nothing in the drinks that can gluten someone. I don't know WHAT you guys are ordering...so confused. I order simple mocha frappucinos with no whip and I have never had a problem. I've been gluten free for 2 1/2 years.

I will say the most frustrating part about being gluten free...I lost SO much weight and I was thin to begin with. I went from my highest weight of 114 to my lowest 93. My diagnosis came in college, so I basically stopped eating because I was too busy to find food to eat and I was paranoid about consuming something bad.

Now I eat well, and probably still not enough, it's been a struggle to get my curves back :( !!! When girls complain about their bodies I'm just like "at least you HAVE one!!!"

I just am so thankful that I don't hurt after eating now! What a blessing!!! I use to sit on the toilet after every meal in discomfort. Now I can enjoy food!!!! I don't even miss bread...I never think about it, never want it. Bready foods strike me as totally unfulfilling and empty. I crave orange juice. Fruit rules.

Erin Elaine Newbie

First let me say that I absolutely understand where you are coming from. Before my diagnosis, I was a big foodie. I lived in NYC and ate out four or five times a week. I loved food! Then after I was diagnosed, suddenly I was afraid to eat anything. And those pre-packaged gluten free foods tasted so unappetizing to me, I would take 3 bites and then throw them away. And most of those meals only have like 250 calories anyway. So within three months, I was down to about 108 pounds and I

Debbie-in-the-warp Newbie
First let me say that I absolutely understand where you are coming from. Before my diagnosis, I was a big foodie. I lived in NYC and ate out four or five times a week. I loved food! Then after I was diagnosed, suddenly I was afraid to eat anything. And those pre-packaged gluten free foods tasted so unappetizing to me, I would take 3 bites and then throw them away. And most of those meals only have like 250 calories anyway. So within three months, I was down to about 108 pounds and I

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived