This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

A Good Gf Facial Moisturizer?

jmengert

jmengert Enthusiast

Hi, all--I have super dry skin, and my neutrogena products just aren't cutting it. Can anyone recommend a nice facial moisturizer that is gluten-free (and hopefully not too expensive)?

Thanks for any help anyone may have!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jknnej Collaborator

I use Oil of Olay which I think is gluten-free..I certainly hope so!

I heard Clinique make up was gluten-free. they have a great moisturizer.

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Not all of clinique makeup is gluten free they could not guarantee me and the stuff I had it had gluten in it so i threw it out. Oil of Olay may have gluten free products but they told me they purchase scents from outside suppliers so they could not guarantee me anything. I use Dove products...they will not hide wheat,rye,barley,or oats in their products so I like to use them.

darlindeb25 Collaborator
:o i use oil of olay and i didnt know it might not be safe--well, i guess when this bottle is gone, which must be ok--then i will go to dove <_< deb
nomorewar Newbie

Try www.lavera-usa.com

Click on ingredients and up top they've a celiac gluten-free list.

Andrea

jmengert Enthusiast

Thanks for everyone's responses! My skin's been driving me crazy, so it's nice to know I have some options other than Neutrogena.

celiacfreeman Contributor

burt bee has a great moisterized gluten free and I use it on my face

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lotusgem Rookie

I also use Burt's Bees...The exact name is Beeswax Moisturizing Creme.

It comes in a 2 oz. jar, and is a tad pricey at about $10.00, but just a little bit goes a long way. It's light, yet very soothing and effective.

jmengert Enthusiast

Oh, I love Burt's Bees! I use their chapstick. Thanks for the suggestion--I'll give them a try, too!

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Yeah alot of Burts Bees products are gluten free. I use alot of their products :D

Rikki Tikki Explorer

Hi everyone:

I may need some help here, I had never considered soaps, lotions, make-up etc. as being harmful and containing gluten. Is that true? that is just making me more confused.

Thanks

Sally

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Well sure it can cause a problem.Things like lotion,soaps,shampoos, and makeup can accidentally be ingested in small amounts. Think about it when you put lotion containing gluten on your hands and then prepare food then traces are now on your food when you eat it. I had a bad reaction to lip balm a while ago. I thought it was ok then come to find out the vitamin e was derived from wheat. I didn't think of this at first but now every product I use is gluten free even things that probably will never even reach my mouth. I would just rather have that extra assurance. I would especially be concerned about lipsticks,soaps, and lotions. Also if you have a husband that is a celiac if he kisses your cheek or lips and you have gluten containing makeup in that could cause a problem. Alot of nailpolishes contain wheat starch in them too and thats something to watch out for.

Merika Contributor

Hi,

There are lots of gluten-free moisturizers out there - just gotta read those long long labels.....

Two very simple ones are Tropical Traditions - basically just coconut oil, wax and a few other ingredients that are not "scientific-y" sounding. The other is pure vaseline - not lotion by Vaseline, but actual petroleum jelly. A little goes a long way, and very few folks are allergic to it.

I've been using a department store lotion for the last year -love it - and it's gluten-free, but it's not exactly inexpensive :P

I have yet to find a product line that is exclusively gluten-free - I think they all have some products which contain gluten. Just gotta read those labels.

Btw - funny story - my 3 yr old ds now picks up products (at home, the store, anywhere) makes a big production out of "reading" the label and then announcing the result "it says NO GLUTEN right here" "SOYBEAN OIL!" (he's allergic to soy) and so on. Very cute, very funny, he's learning to do the right things, and it all really amuses the grocers/checkout people/etc. LOL.

Merika

Lesliean Apprentice

I am totally hooked on Open Original Shared Link massage bar which I use on my face day and night. Cheap and great and seems to be without all those untested additives.

cdford Contributor

I can just see that 3 yr old! What a hoot!

Archived