This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Wonderful Restaurants In Rhode Island And Massachusetts

CalicoSue

CalicoSue Contributor

We just got back from the Gluten-Free Summit in Providence, and I wanted to share the restaurants we dined at while in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. The Summit was phenomenal, and we enjoyed all of the chefs cooking and baking for us!

The Grille on Main - 50 Main Street, East Greenwich, RI - undeniably the most incredible restaurant we have dined at since being diagnosed! We would eat at this restaurant every night for a week if we didn't live in California!. Chef Russell and the Eric the manager treated us like royalty! We had the absolute best pizza we have ever eaten (including gluten pizza), buffalo wings, sweet potato fries, shrimp & chicken stir fry, scallops with fried goat cheese and apple chutney, a huge peanut butter cookie sandwich with vanilla ice cream in the middle and creme brulee. Our party left very full and satisfied after this delicious meal!

Smokey Bones - 31B Universal Blvd., Warwick, RI - great Gluten-free BBQ menu! We had BBQ ribs and loaded mashed potatoes!

Pei Wei - 4 Chapel View Blvd., Cranston, RI - sweet and sour chicken with rice! Yum! There are no Pei Wei's yet in Northern California yet.

Rancho Chico - 52 Washington Street, Plainville, MA - the most delicious Mexican food we have eaten since being diagnosed. We had nachos, fajitas and enchiladas. Even the tortilla chips were Gluten-free!

Burton's Grill - 1363 Boylston Street, Boston, MA - salmon with baked potato and broccoli, roasted chicken on a carrot and green bean risotto and warm chocolate torte.

Boynton Pizza - 117 Highland Street, Worcester, MA - their pizza was absolutely delicious because their crust was crisp on the bottom, very cheesy and a little bit of grease that we miss so much on our pizzas. We actually drove down from Boston the next day to enjoy their pizza again for lunch! They also had a Gluten-free chocolate mousse cake "to die for!"

Four Seasons Hotel (The Bristol) - 200 Boylston Street, Boston, MA - Chef Angel at The Bristol made us Gluten-free french toast, blueberry muffins and Gluten-free almond currant scones! Just give the chefs some notice and they will make you anything - even Gluten-free pancakes!

The only restaurant we did not get to was Alice's Diner at 2663 S Main Street, Fall River, MA. We were so full from a great dinner the night before, we just could not eat breakfast that morning! Alice's has a Gluten-free menu for breakfast and lunch.

Enjoy!

Sue

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Gemini Experienced
We just got back from the Gluten-Free Summit in Providence, and I wanted to share the restaurants we dined at while in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. The Summit was phenomenal, and we enjoyed all of the chefs cooking and baking for us!

The Grille on Main - 50 Main Street, East Greenwich, RI - undeniably the most incredible restaurant we have dined at since being diagnosed! We would eat at this restaurant every night for a week if we didn't live in California!. Chef Russell and the Eric the manager treated us like royalty! We had the absolute best pizza we have ever eaten (including gluten pizza), buffalo wings, sweet potato fries, shrimp & chicken stir fry, scallops with fried goat cheese and apple chutney, a huge peanut butter cookie sandwich with vanilla ice cream in the middle and creme brulee. Our party left very full and satisfied after this delicious meal!

Smokey Bones - 31B Universal Blvd., Warwick, RI - great Gluten-free BBQ menu! We had BBQ ribs and loaded mashed potatoes!

Pei Wei - 4 Chapel View Blvd., Cranston, RI - sweet and sour chicken with rice! Yum! There are no Pei Wei's yet in Northern California yet.

Rancho Chico - 52 Washington Street, Plainville, MA - the most delicious Mexican food we have eaten since being diagnosed. We had nachos, fajitas and enchiladas. Even the tortilla chips were Gluten-free!

Burton's Grill - 1363 Boylston Street, Boston, MA - salmon with baked potato and broccoli, roasted chicken on a carrot and green bean risotto and warm chocolate torte.

Boynton Pizza - 117 Highland Street, Worcester, MA - their pizza was absolutely delicious because their crust was crisp on the bottom, very cheesy and a little bit of grease that we miss so much on our pizzas. We actually drove down from Boston the next day to enjoy their pizza again for lunch! They also had a Gluten-free chocolate mousse cake "to die for!"

Four Seasons Hotel (The Bristol) - 200 Boylston Street, Boston, MA - Chef Angel at The Bristol made us Gluten-free french toast, blueberry muffins and Gluten-free almond currant scones! Just give the chefs some notice and they will make you anything - even Gluten-free pancakes!

The only restaurant we did not get to was Alice's Diner at 2663 S Main Street, Fall River, MA. We were so full from a great dinner the night before, we just could not eat breakfast that morning! Alice's has a Gluten-free menu for breakfast and lunch.

Enjoy!

Sue

Although I did not attend the gluten-free Summit, I have been to many of the restaurants you have mentioned here as I live in Massachusetts and I dine out with a dining group from R.I. You are correct, these places are excellent and well worth a visit. It's a really good place to live, as far as being gluten-free! :D

mrg8610 Rookie

I took my DD to the Boynton Restaurant today for pizza and found out that they put Wheat Starch in it. There is a disclaimer at the bottom of the gluten-free menu stating that they use small amounts of wheat starch in the pizza, and yet they are certifying it as gluten free. The waitress even told us about it before taking our order to be sure we saw it. How can this be? Don't celiacs have to avoid wheat starch? Needless to say, we left the restaurant and ate elsewhere.

• 10 months later...
RIMom Newbie

I would like to add to the great list for eating gluten-free in RI.

Providence: Kabob and Curry Restaurant, Waterplace Restaurant (a Pinelli Mara restaurant... all their restaurants have gluten-free menus, even though they are not on line), Pizzaria Unos, Red Stripe in Wayland Square (has gluten-free french fries and Redbridge Beer, all their food is fab and even a manager is gluten-free herself), Apsara Thai Food on Hope Street.

Pawtucket: Rasoi Indian Restaurant (same owner as Kabob and Curry, but much better atmosphere). Great menu with all items marked as to gluten free, vegan, spicy, etc.

Newport: Tucker's Bistro.... loved this place as a really nice night out. gluten-free bread on the table, every item on the regular menu is available gluten-free (except a few desserts). We ate four courses and loved them all.

Narragansett: Blue Wave Pizza Call ahead b/c gluten-free crust takes one hour. Owner makes each one to order from scratch. yummy!!!

converge Apprentice

for the record, the pei wei in the original post is closed.

• 1 year later...
StephCupcake Newbie

If you're in the city, Nice Slice on Thayer St. (providence) has gluten free pizza! I recommend anything with BBQ sauce! I can't get enough of it!!

Archived