This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Glutenease

Sugarfunk

Scott Adams Grand Master

Unclezack:

2.5 grams if very different than 25 grams...and again, Glutenease is not AT-1001 -- in fact it has nothing to do with AT-1001. A common tactic of those who want to convince you of something who don't have any factual basis to back it up is called "appeal to authority." When you cite a Celiac.com or Celiaccentral.com summary of an AT-1001 scientific study, then throw that together in the same sentence as Glutenese, this is exactly what you are trying to do here--appeal to authority to give Glutenese more credibility and somehow link it to scientific studies (which, in this case, are not completed and haven't been proved successful yet).

In any case I don't believe you have discussed yourself in any detail here, like whether or not you are a formally diagnosed celiac, self diagnosed, etc. Nor have you discussed how much gluten you ingest daily...do you avoid it completely? Do you get follow up blood work and biopsies? Do you have any scientific evidence that Glutenese is safe for those who must avoid gluten--other than you gut feelings?

I'm still not convinced that you are not somehow connected to this company...I'm sorry if that bothers you, but you are not very convincing. I also am not opposed to the use digestive enzymes--I take them myself from time to time--I just don't take them in order to knowingly eat gluten, and would never recommend that any one else who is gluten intolerant do this.

My ax to grind here is with this company's careless marketing--and yes they are marketing to celiacs and probably are doing so right here in this thread.

Take care,

Scott

Scott, this link: Open Original Shared Link is not the original one I tried to post earlier, but you can read in the third paragraph that there is optimism of being able to eat 2.5 grams of gluten which they compared to one slice of bread. The other article said 25 grams. 2.5 grams would be a pretty thin slice of bread, however they may be weighing the actual amount of gluten rather than the weight of the bread.

I defend several of the products made by Enzymedica because that is the brand I use. It is the only brand I have ever used because it helps me digest all starches. If I were using a different brand that aided my digestion and curbed symptoms of cross contamination, I would be defending that product instead. I am happy with Enzymedica products, so I have no desire to try a different product. I initially started using their digestive aids when I first went gluten free 5 years ago to aid my digestion, not to combat gluten. I am extremely cautious about gluten, however, we do like to eat dinner away from home at times and enzymes do work for me with cross contamination.

The only ownership I have in Enzymedica is a partial bottle of Glutenease and a partial bottle of Acid Soothe sitting on top of my microwave.

I came here to read what others had to say about Glutenease. Someone had posted a question asking what others thought about the product. I replied my honest feelings about the product. I was immediately accused of being a "shill" along with a few others who had posted in favor if the product. I was recently PM'ed by Peter Sawyer who stated that he had reviewed all of the posts and didn't see me in that category. Now I'm an owner of Enzymedica? Since several of the other members have defended my opinions, they must be on my payroll! I am very disappointed about your accusation. Gluten intolerance and celiac disease are still being researched. That means that there is still more to learn about the disease and no one knows all of the answers. Like research on any other disease, it is ongoing and there are new findings about diseases we thought we already knew the answers to, including the common cold which we take for granted. New research, new ideas, hopefully better ways to cope with disease.

I don't know if you are just stating it as an example, but I have never said that anyone could take enzymes and eat a slice of pizza.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShayFL Enthusiast

That is the thing about forums. They are anonymous. We can put any picture we want up. We can be whoever we want to be. You might thing I am a female, but I could really be a male......

Some people who come in here might not have ANY health problems at all. They might just be lonely and finding a group like this could be a godsend to them.

Some might not have any problems with gluten, but since this is such an active forum where MANY topics are discussed, settle right in.

Some will only be here for a short time.

Some get well and move on.

Some never do.

Maybe I am just too clever. But it seems to me if I wanted to shill. I would come in and be active for a few weeks at least. Posting on different topics. And then start in on my product.......Why be obvious?

So maybe they arent shills......

It is actually amusing if you think about debating who someone is on a forum. UnkleZach could be another member with a double identity. Two user names. Someone who just likes to debate and watch how people react. Maybe one identity is pro-Glutease and the other is against it.

Or UncleZ could just be like one of us. Was sick. Has gotten better. Found something that helps and wanted to share.

If I find something that works for me, you bet I will tell others. Why wouldnt I? It doesnt mean it will work for you. But I would still tell everyone.

For instance right now...chewing on Fennel has helped with my bloating.....but I aint sellin fennel.......

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Scott,

U.Z. did mention several times that he strictly avoids gluten and is extremely sensitive to cross contamination. He said he never purposely eats gluten and only uses the enzymes to help in situations where cross conatimination is a concern....like when he eats out.

I dont mean to speak for him.....but he did say that a bunch of times. He never said he purposely eats gluten.....or that it would be ok to do that.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
We have all seen the advice over and over on the board (I've said it myself) . . . "you don't need a diagnosis to remove gluten from your diet", "whether you are Gluten Intolerant or Celiac, the course of action is the same, a gluten-free diet," "you don't need a prescription from the doctor to go gluten-free," yada, yada, yada. You know that there are some undiagnosed Celiacs in those groups. I would have no guess as to how many.

This is exactly why I no longer make those recommendations to people. Yes, there was a time that I suggested those very things...however, I no longer do that. Instead I STRONGLY reccomend that everyone do the testing first.....bloodwork, biopsy and genes (if necessary). Get it out of the way and THEN try the diet....even if the tests were all negative.

This alleviates alot of the stress and confusion which may occur as a result of never having been tested. If someone does not improve as much as they should...and if they continue to have symptoms...they arent going to know if Celiac is part of their problem or not. Then they have to strugghle with the decision of whether or not to go back on gluten for testing.

Some of them cant do this w/out feeling very sick...so they self-diagnosis and never really have an answer either way.

I had all of my testing done in the beginning....which is why I never really had to struggle with those types of questions or lingering doubts. I feel very confidant that I do not have Celiac Disease. I had bloodwork, biopsy, and genetic testing....and they were all negative. My only positive test was through Enterolab. I tested positive across the board and had a very high malabsorption score.

Yes, I have had major problems with malabsorption and yes, major problems with food intolerance as well....but I have other things going on which are responsible for that.

Having had all of the testing done in the beginning allowed me to move forward and start looking into the other possibilities while I also remained gluten-free....because even though I wasnt Celiac....it was still an issue.

Personally, I think self-diagnosing can be dangerous. It can be dangerous if someone is not aware that they actually have Celiac Disease....and it can be dangerous if a person has diagnosed themselves Celiac when in fact they have some other condition/disease that they arent aware of.

It can be dangerous either way.

Unclezack Newbie
Well if you read the whole thread there were numerous shills that were outed up at the beginning. All of them (incl. Unclezack) had acct creation dates after this thread was started and all immediately started praising the product with their only posts being in this particular thread.

Not entirely true!

My account was created on January 20 2008. That was nearly 6 months ago. On that same day, I replied to Janet in a thread about gluten dreams.

Unclezack Newbie
Just out of curiousity....if I had joined the board last week and my first post was in this thread (because its a topic I'm somewhat familiar with) how many people here would be calling me a shill?? :unsure:

The majority of my posts have been in this thread the past few days.

I actually kind of felt like woolygimp was implying that Rachel/Zack are one in the same. :blink:

Of course I'm not defending anyone who actually IS a shill....but sometimes we just DONT KNOW.

Anything is possible Rachel. I guess you and I are the only ones who know for sure that we aren't the same person. I really doubt that anyone really believes that though.

aprilh Apprentice

Seems like I clearly remember Unclezack stating several times the length of his illness that started at age 5 but was undiagnosed for many many years until after that. That he and his wife enjoyed eating out on Friday nights up until his diagnosis and then he became so sensitive to cross contamination in a restaurant sitting that they stopped. That they even used camp stoves at hotels to eat "safe" foods. That he has been using enzymes for the last 5 years (i think) and that it has helped with the prior cross contamination issues he was having. That he is VERY strict on the diet.....that he by no means ingests gluten on purpose but does feel better now after using acid soothe and glutenease....

I don't know if he's a shill or not but can't a person be given the benefit of the doubt? So, if I all of a sudden respond to a topic I believe in and had good results with, I would be a shill? Come on!

Maybe he is, maybe he's not.....maybe the first person on here who hasn't returned was....but If I were Unclezack I would be done with this board due to the reponse I was given. :ph34r:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

psawyer Proficient
Anything is possible Rachel. I guess you and I are the only ones who know for sure that we aren't the same person. I really doubt that anyone really believes that though.

I know Rachel well enough to know that Unclezack is a different person. Their written styles are quite different, for one thing.

Unclezack Newbie
I know Rachel well enough to know that Unclezack is a different person. Their written styles are quite different, for one thing.

I agree.

I would also like to say that it disturbs me that some of the members are scrutinizing Rachel because she has at times agreed with or defended me. I am the one who is under scrutiny. It is not fair for Rachel or anyone else who use enzymes and report positive benefits to be accused of being connected with me or being a shill. Guilt by association is an unfair practice.

I expect I will be banned from this board before long, so if that happens suddenly and I am no longer to be able to post, I have enjoyed meeting new people here whether they agree with my views or not and I hold no grudges against anyone who has spoken against me.

Darn210 Enthusiast
Not entirely true!

My account was created on January 20 2008. That was nearly 6 months ago. On that same day, I replied to Janet in a thread about gluten dreams.

. . . and just for the record, not "this" Janet . . . actually, looking at the thread, it was Violet.

Ridgewalker Contributor
I would also like to say that it disturbs me that some of the members are scrutinizing Rachel because she has at times agreed with or defended me.

:blink: No one's scrutinizing Rachel. She's been here for years.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

This is for the "NON-Celiac gluten sensitive leaky gut people".....as well as Celiac's who are interested. :)

This article actually explains alot of what I've been saying with regards to underlying factors which are damaging the gut....and leading to a situation of non celiac gluten intolerance.

It was my opinion that enzymes would be useful to reduce inflammation/promote healing by reducing the damage caused by undigested food proteins.

It has always been my opinion that people who go on to develop additional food intolerances such as soy, corn, potatoes, citrus, etc....are having underlying issues which are preventing healing. The gut remains damaged and even though gluten and dairy are removed....other intolerances/symptoms persist. The body never fully heals until the other issues are identified and treated.

This is basically saying the same thing:

One reason that eliminating just casein or gluten foods may only be of temporary help is because a more fundamental issue is involved - the person has an injured gut, or leaky gut. This leads to a problem with whatever foods a person eats...and usually the most problematic foods are the ones the person eats the most of.

Since many in North America and in Europe eat mainly foods with dairy and grains, it is no wonder that these foods would be the most problematic right off. But if the gut is not healed, then whatever food the person substitutes in the diet for the casein and gluten foods will next become a problem.

It is often the experience of families that start off eliminating all casein and gluten, then shortly afterwards they see a problem with soy, or then corn, or then sugar, or then fruits...because the gut is still injured. So the basic problem is not casein and gluten but an injured gut. Until the gut is healed anything you eat may become a problem.

Enzymes are excellent in this area because they proactively heal an injured gut by several mechanisms, whereas food eliminations only slow down the damage or postpone it a little longer. Any type of insufficiently digested food can lead to intolerance reactions.

No enzymes are currently available that help with celiac , which is a different issue than just food breakdown.

Alot of the non celiacs are just continuing to eliminate the foods...one after another....but this does not actually "fix" the damaged gut. All it really does in most cases is eliminate the symptoms which were caused by that particular food intolerance. The damaged gut can heal....the body has an amazing ability to repair itself when it is able to. If healing is not taking place...there is a reason for that. Something is getting in the way.

Ridgewalker Contributor
This article actually explains alot...

Citation, please? :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Citation, please? :)

LOL....sorry. :P

Open Original Shared Link

Actually, this whole article has some interesting info.....and again, this is with regards to non-celiac gluten intolerance.

I found it interesting that some people who were on the gluten free/casein free diet while also taking enzymes actually improved when adding gluten and casein back into the diet while still taking the enzymes. Do these foods provide some nutrition afterall?? :blink:

I've actually heard this before but it still seems kind of shocking to me.

Fortunately the development of special enzyme products have provided the necessary enzymes to sufficiently break these foods down so that such an elimination is not necessary for many people, should that be their choice.

In fact, many people find their health is better with enzymes and dairy and grains in their diet than even being on a casein-free, gluten-free diet plus enzymes (that is, adding the dairy and grains produced improvement). The dairy and grains are adding something nutritional that was missing on the restrictive diet.

Further research is needed to determine why some people benefit more from this alternative.

I think at the time of this article it had been 2 years since the DPPIV containing enzymes had been available. This page shares some stories of continued improvement in health issues while off of the diet and while using the enzymes. These people had been off the diet for at least 2 years.

Open Original Shared Link

and here is more interesting stuff on the same subject of non celiac gluten intolerance as a result of gut damage from other sources.

Celiac is an autoimmune condition where an element in gluten causes damage to the intestines. The absorptive tissue called villi are damaged, flatten, and nor longer function. This results in malabsorption and can lead to leaky gut. Once a gluten-free diet is started, the villi can heal and function properly again. The gut can heal. If the celiac person resumes eating gluten, the process repeats and the leaky gut returns.

This is different than what can happen with food intolerances (including such as in autism or related problems). In this case, the gut can become injured from a variety of reasons. Whenever the gut becomes damaged, and leaky gut develops, digestion can be impaired. This means that no matter what you eat, any food can be insufficiently digested, cross into the bloodstream when it should be kept out, and cause some unwanted reaction. If you remove gluten from the diet, the gut is still leaky (because gluten was not the cause itself), and whatever food you are eating now can still be poorly digested and cause an unwanted reaction.

.......so you take those foods out..but the gut is still damaged, and this leads you down that very slipperly slope as you head toward the Food- free diet.

Yup....I'm all too familiar with the "Food-Free" diet. :rolleyes:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

This information is also found on that same page: :)

Celiac

People with celiac disease need to follow a strict gluten-free diet. There are scattered reports where someone with celiac was able to resume eating gluten by using amylase or papain (or perhaps both of these enzymes). However, at this time there are no known enzyme products that will consistently and reliably allow a person with celiac to resume eating gluten, although there continues to be research and development in this area.

Unclezack Newbie
. . . and just for the record, not "this" Janet . . . actually, looking at the thread, it was Violet.

Yes, you are right. Thanks for correcting me.

neesee Apprentice

Here's some info on digestive enzymes that I think comes from a pretty reliable source. Open Original Shared Link

Oh and Rachel, I don't think you're a shill and Im sure you don't have a connection to unclezack. :)

neesee

Unclezack Newbie
Seems like I clearly remember Unclezack stating several times the length of his illness that started at age 5 but was undiagnosed for many many years until after that. That he and his wife enjoyed eating out on Friday nights up until his diagnosis and then he became so sensitive to cross contamination in a restaurant sitting that they stopped. That they even used camp stoves at hotels to eat "safe" foods. That he has been using enzymes for the last 5 years (i think) and that it has helped with the prior cross contamination issues he was having. That he is VERY strict on the diet.....that he by no means ingests gluten on purpose but does feel better now after using acid soothe and glutenease....

I don't know if he's a shill or not but can't a person be given the benefit of the doubt? So, if I all of a sudden respond to a topic I believe in and had good results with, I would be a shill? Come on!

Maybe he is, maybe he's not.....maybe the first person on here who hasn't returned was....but If I were Unclezack I would be done with this board due to the reponse I was given. :ph34r:

Aprilh,

You have a very good memory. I couldn't have said it better myself.

After being ill for 51 years and diagnosed with the wrong problems too many times, I met an herbalist who has more knowledge in his little finger than most of us have in our whole brain about how nutrition affects the human body. I told him I was having a lot of cramping in the intestines on the lower left side. He suggested several things that might help. I first used ashwadhanda. It worked well for a while. I tried St. John's Wort. Again this helped. I also had some issues with anxiety, so it helped with that too. I added a supplement of calcium, potassium and magnesium. This helped too, but I was still having issues. As we got to know each other better, and I felt more relaxed about talking about my symptoms, I told him I had a lot of "D" and sweated profusely day and night. I felt exhausted, spacey, my eyes were extremely sensitive to light and I often wished there would be just one time when I wasn't aware day and night that I had intestines. There was always some negative feeling there unless I pickled them with alcohol. The problem with that was that when I did, I felt even worse the next day. I told Mark (the herbalist) that even though the herbs and supplements I was taking were helping, that I still didn't feel well. Without any hesitation, he said, "Jack, you need to live a wheat free live." We talked a little bit and I agreed that I would try it. I didn't! My thought was that maybe Mark wasn't as knowledgeable as I had thought. How could wheat affect me? I had been eating it all of my life. I was denial as many people are when they are told they can no longer eat wheat. About 6 months later, I was getting so sick that I knew I had to do something or I was going to die. I cut out wheat for one week. I felt so good that even though after spending every night that week researching the disease and knowing that being gluten free is a lifelong commitment, I ate some wheat. I got so sick that I swore I would never intentionally eat wheat again, even if someday there would be a pill to cure the disease.

Even though I felt better, my digestion was slow and sluggish. I talked to Mark about that. He suggested papaya enzymes. I told him that I was unable to take the papaya enzymes that had helped me in the past because of the sorbitol in them. He showed me the "type" of enzymes that we have been discussing in this thread. Not the same one, but one that was more aimed toward general digestion. He said they would aid digestion and said that they "may" offer some protection if I was gluten challenged while eating in a restaurant. He made no specific claims that they were designed so a gluten intolerant person could freely eat gluten. I remembered what he had said but wasn't eating out at all at that time. Eventually, after eliminating gluten and any store bought products that had caused reactions because of cross contamination, I started feeling a lot better. I was healing. It didn't happen in six months as I had read. It was like it as if my progress could be measured in half lives. It took a long time to heal and there were a lot of foods I just couldn't eat. Mainly nightshades, dried beans, corn and corn sugars, fungus of any type, including antibiotics, many non gluten grains, even though certified gluten free, broccoli, nuts and dairy. One day, I felt good enough to suggest we try eating in a restaurant. I knew both cooks at a local restaurant and talked with both of them about my condition. They always washed their hands and used clean tongs to handle my food. I didn't get sick. Thanks Cindy and Dan! By this time, I had quit taking the enzymes unless I ate something that was hard to digest. I did fine without them at "that" restaurant.

We went on vacation and carried a camp stove to cook lunch, but I decided I could eat dinner safely in a restaurant. The first night of vacation, I ordered prime rib, not thinking that they heat it in aus jus that usually has some packaged mix added to the natural beef juices from the roast. This mix usually contains a small amount of wheat. I got very sick! It lasted about three days. It was sad to get that sick on the first day of vacation, but I thought, "Hey, I used to feel like this every day!" That is when I started carrying some enzymes with me for that possible added protection from cross contamination that Mark had casually mentioned. I have not suffered any major symptoms of cross contamination since I started taking them with meals in restaurants. I do at times feel a little something when taking the enzymes with a meal in a restaurant. I am sure that at those times that I got some cross contamination, "some" damage did occur, but not the major destructive damage that would have occurred without them.

A lot of the members here have had blood tests and or biopsies. I have been to two different GP's for unrelated reasons since I went gluten free. They have both told me that they could refer me to a specialist for testing, but if being gluten free has made me feel better, that they see no need for tests. So, yes, I am basically self diagnosed with the help of Mark and many hours of searching the internet.

I agree with you about leaving the board. Most people would. Even though I don't feel welcomed here by everyone, I do feel I have some friends here. Maybe I'm just stubborn. I have worked with the public for 39 years in retail businesses. My wife and I have soley owned and operated a business for over 14 years. Just for the record, we sell paint and floor coverings, no herbs or supplements. We have encountered many people over the years who have been unhappy with past experiences with other business that they dealt with at some time that they start out with a bad or mistrusting attitude when they walk through out door. For the majority of these people, we gain their trust and make a sale. Many of them are so thrilled that they are treated right and are happy with the products and services we provide that they become our best advertising and it's free! Mistrust walks into our store on a daily basis and walks out smiling. I'm used to proving myself.

Thanks for your kind words. See, you are one of the reasons I have stayed here.

Unclezack Newbie
Unclezack:

2.5 grams if very different than 25 grams...and again, Glutenease is not AT-1001 -- in fact it has nothing to do with AT-1001. A common tactic of those who want to convince you of something who don't have any factual basis to back it up is called "appeal to authority." When you cite a Celiac.com or Celiaccentral.com summary of an AT-1001 scientific study, then throw that together in the same sentence as Glutenese, this is exactly what you are trying to do here--appeal to authority to give Glutenese more credibility and somehow link it to scientific studies (which, in this case, are not completed and haven't been proved successful yet).

In any case I don't believe you have discussed yourself in any detail here, like whether or not you are a formally diagnosed celiac, self diagnosed, etc. Nor have you discussed how much gluten you ingest daily...do you avoid it completely? Do you get follow up blood work and biopsies? Do you have any scientific evidence that Glutenese is safe for those who must avoid gluten--other than you gut feelings?

I'm still not convinced that you are not somehow connected to this company...I'm sorry if that bothers you, but you are not very convincing. I also am not opposed to the use digestive enzymes--I take them myself from time to time--I just don't take them in order to knowingly eat gluten, and would never recommend that any one else who is gluten intolerant do this.

My ax to grind here is with this company's careless marketing--and yes they are marketing to celiacs and probably are doing so right here in this thread.

Take care,

Scott

Scott, in various posts, I have stated over and over that I never eat any gluten intentionally and that I take enzymes as a protective measure when I eat in a restaurant. I know you are a busy guy and to read all of the posts in all of the threads would be a full time job in itself, but there is a lot of information about myself included in my posts. I just recently replied to aprilh and gave a fairly detailed account of my history from the time I began to get really sick at around 51 years old. aprilh gave an almost word for word replay of on of my previous posts. I hope you will read her post and my reply. I'm not a speedy typist and I didn't want to type it out twice. I didn't mention in that post that besides having stomach aches since early childhood that I went through a series of scratch tests at around age 6. These were for seasonal allergies to pollen and mold, but they also tested me because I was breaking out in hives. The results on the hives testing confirmed that I was allergic to citrus fruits. I think grapefruit was the offending citrus fruit that caused the hives. I no longer get hives from any foods I eat, but oranges give me a terrible cramping in the lower intestine. Bananas make my throat itch and swell. Tomatoes make my lips get blisters. I won't eat an orange or drink orange juice or eat bananas, but occasionally eat a few slices of tomatoes. The scratch tests confirmed that I am allergic practically to every type of plant on the planet. I am also allergic to most animal hair as well as feathers.

After the testing, I began taking weekly injections that were supposed to cure my seasonal allergies. I was too young to be specific as to what they were injecting into me. As I remember, each series of serum got one step stronger. Somewhere into the 3rd or 4th series of injections, I had an allergic reaction. My arm swelled up as big as a hardball. I quit having the injections. They didn't seem to do any good anyway. I still suffer from seasonal allergies. Not the snotty nose kind like when I was a kid, but I still get the itchy eyes, stuffy nose and asthma symptoms. It also taxes my adrenal glands and sometimes I feel like my muscles have gone on vacation and I have no energy. The only thing that ever worked for my seasonal allergies was Seldane, but it was taken off the market years ago. I have taken them all from Allerest to Allegra. I also took Fedrazil and Sudafed in the 70's. All of these medications either made me feel spaced out or did nothing for my symptoms. Living on the Oregon coast, there is a lot of mold spores in the air. When I get away from here, I feel much better. I would like to move somewhere else, but with home, family and business, I have too many roots here to move away right now.

When I graduated from high school in 1969, I was 5'10" and weighed 129 lbs. I ate like a horse and looked anorexic. I was having a lot of stomach problems then. Cramping, fatigue a lot of gas and gas pressure that pushed up into my chest. I thought I was going to have a heart attack at times. I believe I had some pretty serious gut problems then. BTW, my EKG shows my heart to be extremely healthy.

In my early 20's, I would get up in the morning and eat breakfast and shortly after, I would vomit. I had upper GI testing done. Diagnosis was a haital hernia which I don't deny that I probably have, but it was not the cause of my vomiting. I was given a script for a time released pill they called "spans". It worked and I felt better for a while, but I had complaints of constant fatigue. The doctor said it was stress related caused by my job. Being the manager of a high volume restaurant at the age of 21 could have been the cause, but it didn't go away when I left the job.

Three years ago I had a bad reaction to antibiotics. It gave me extreme anxieties and caused some memory problems as well. I have recovered from it, but it took a long time to completely shake off the effects. I have some thoughts on why I was affected that way, but won't go into that at this time.

I could go on and on, but now you will know most of my history if you also read my reply to aprilh.

Regarding the AT-1001 conversation, I wasn't comparing it to Glutenease in any way. The only point I was trying to make out of the whole conversation was that one article which (I usually bookmark important articles, but I didn't that time) I still haven't found, but I will look for again when I have more time. Anyway, the point I was trying to make was the comments from the people who read the article. They had the impression that they would be able to take a pill and head for the nearest fast food joint.

Well, I need some sleep, so until we talk again,

Have a great day,

Jack

Lisa Mentor
This information is also found on that same page: :)

Celiac

People with celiac disease need to follow a strict gluten-free diet. There are scattered reports where someone with celiac was able to resume eating gluten by using amylase or papain (or perhaps both of these enzymes). However, at this time there are no known enzyme products that will consistently and reliably allow a person with celiac to resume eating gluten, although there continues to be research and development in this area.

.......Now why, couldn't Glutenease use this disclaimer on their product? <_<

aprilh Apprentice

Hi everyone!

Good info on the enzymes Rachel.

I just wanted to add, that even if you are Celiac and have to adhere to a Strict gluten free diet, you may still benefit from enzymes in general. Some people have been so sick for so long that going gluten free does not always mean an immediate healing in the gut and a little help from enzyme supplementation might be needed.

Of course - I am not saying you could then eat whatever you want, but the enzymes may help the digestive problems that still persist after going gluten free.

Unclezack,

Sounds like you have gone through a lot before your self diagnosis. Are all your issues cleared up now that you have removed gluten and found good results from Acid Soothe?

April

home-based-mom Contributor

Celiac

.......Now why, couldn't Glutenease use this disclaimer on their product? <_<

They could probably put this on their website, but in order to put it on their product, the print would have to be so tiny that many of us would think it would be just a shaded area.

Can you read the print around the portraits on paper money? Even with a magnifying glass I can't read it anymore. In order for GlutenEase to fit all that on the bottle, they would have to make the print about that small, in which case, why bother as no one could read it anyway. :P

ShayFL Enthusiast

How bout this:

CELIAC WARNNG!! AT This Time No Enzyme Product Will Allow You To Eat Gluten. Please Consult Your Doctor Before Using This Or Any Other Enzyme.

That would fit.

Unclezack Newbie
Hi everyone!

Good info on the enzymes Rachel.

I just wanted to add, that even if you are Celiac and have to adhere to a Strict gluten free diet, you may still benefit from enzymes in general. Some people have been so sick for so long that going gluten free does not always mean an immediate healing in the gut and a little help from enzyme supplementation might be needed.

Of course - I am not saying you could then eat whatever you want, but the enzymes may help the digestive problems that still persist after going gluten free.

Unclezack,

Sounds like you have gone through a lot before your self diagnosis. Are all your issues cleared up now that you have removed gluten and found good results from Acid Soothe?

April

April,

I feel very well in comparison to my gluten eating days, but I can't say that I will ever be 100%. I know I need to quit smoking. Even though they are light and all natural, cigarettes aren't good for the stomach. It was a lot easier to give up gluten.

Jack

Rachel--24 Collaborator
In order for GlutenEase to fit all that on the bottle, they would have to make the print about that small, in which case, why bother as no one could read it anyway. :P

Yeah...either that or they'd have to "SUPER-SIZE" the product so that the bottle is large enough for all of the details. :P

But still.....even if it were printed RIGHT THERE on the bottle...in big bold black letters.....people will still "misunderstand" and use the enzymes inappropriately.

Seriously, how many times did I state in my posts here that the enzymes are NOT formulated as a treatment for Celiac...and yet people still saw something entirely different..."Use enzymes...eat gluten." :blink:

Archived