Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beth in NC

Online Products

My grocery bill is getting pretty scary! I have found some things online, but it seems Amazon has one thing cheaper, then someone else has something else. I love Amazon because I can get free shipping...that's better than paying for gas!

So what items have you chosen to purchase online because it was cheaper and where did you order from? Also, if you had poor service, mention that too.

thanks!

I use amazon for most of my specialty gluten free items. I buy the things I like in bulk and take advantage of the free shipping. The following items are things I regularly order from Amazon.

Pamela's products

Mary's gone crackers

ener-G pretzels

Bakery on Main granola

Sylvan Border Farms all purpose flour

Tinkyada pastas

I like Food Tek items, although they are not offered with the free shipping. I like the products well enough, that I order them from Amazon anyway.

I live in a very rural area and cannot find a lot of gluten free products. I try new things when I travel and then try to buy them on line. I have also ordered items from this site, esp. the Gillian products and numerous others. Extend Bars has some good energy bars.

I order the Pamela's bread mix and the Pamela's pancake/baking mix through Amazon. Many of Amazon's food items (including the two that I get) are eligible for their "Subscribe & Save" program. It's like placing a standing order and gets you and additional 15% off and free shipping (even if you don't reach that magical $25 number). You are allowed to pick your shipping interval (1, 2, 3, or 6 months). They email you to tell you that it's time and if you don't need it yet, you can delay it. If you don't do anything, it will ship automatically. You can also ship ahead of time if you find that you are using it quicker than you thought. You can cancel it after the first order. There is no committment.