Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

celiac3270

Today I got this message when I tried to log in:

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.glutenfreeforum.com Port 80

From what I understand, the bandwidth limit can be reached when there's a large amount of activity--is that the reason or is there another one? Thanks, Scott-- I just want to know if we're getting so popular that this might become a problem :P:lol: or if there was some construction going on with the site or something--thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I got that message too. I couldn't get on the board for a few hours.

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

There has been a lot of people on this site lately, more than usual (Which is a good thing!). Maybe there was just too many people trying to log on or trying to download the page.

Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004

Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003

Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

I have had trouble lately, but assumed I had caught some spyware until I checked and found none. At times, it has been so bad that my system appeared to lock up and I had to reboot. Good to know we are that popular, but I hope it does not get worse.

Donna

South Georgia

9 yrs gluten-free

...also DH, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, osteopenia, hypothyroid...

After almost 10 years, I am doing soooo much better!

It must be my fault. Since I was diagnosed, I have been recommending this site to everyone in my family. And I come from a large family! :lol::P:D

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Hi Everyone,

There was a technical problem with the board on the 2/28/05, and it was down for a few hours. Sorry about that. It has been worked out and I am told by my System Admin that it should not happen again. Please e-mail me with the info at celiac.com address if you ever see this problem again.

Take care,

Scott

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com

• 2 weeks later...

I recieved this error today:

The error returned was:

Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 20 seconds before trying again.

Also have been having trouble if I log in at a computer that I haven't been logged into for a while. I put in my username and password, push send and it doesn't log me in. I have to go through the steps a second time before it will let me in. Weird.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

Oh, I get that all the time...I open too many topics and post too quickly. I just wait ten seconds or so (since you don't really have to wait 20) and then refresh/reload the page.

I think that might be some way to keep people from posting too much too fast...so that, I guess, if there was someone spamming the boards, they'd get tied up every now and then if they tried to post too much too quickly.

I just saw the end of your post about logging in--hit reply, and got nailed with flood control :lol: ...it doesn't bother me...I'm used to it:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Flood control is enabled on this board, please wait 30 seconds before replying or posting a new topic

That happens to me too. At home, I have my log in remembered, so I can just pull up the message board and start posting, rather than log in every time. At other computers, though, I have the same thing happen. I enter my username and password, click log in, and it takes me to the main page without logging me in--I'm still a guest. Then I log in a second time and it works. That isn't too big a deal, either...just a minor inconvenince :)

Archived