• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

wsieving

Ok All You gluten-free Betty Crockers Out There

Rate this topic

Gluten free Baking recipes!! If you do not mind, what is your favorite, most moist:

Bread

Pizza Dough

cake

cookies

pancakes

Also looking for a type of chili bean that is gluten-free.... does one actually exist?

I would like to get a few recipes to experiment with, and I would love someone else's opinion on what is best! I am hoping to be delightfully surprised with something a little closer to palatable than the local health store's versions. Thanks in advance!!

I buy S&W chili beans. I use 1 -2 cans each: black, red, chili, pinto, pinquito and kidney when I make chili.

What a fun thread...I hope someone starts one with holiday recipes soon so we can experiment!! (hint..hint)

bread: Foccacia http://www.recipezaar.com/312482

Its super easy and tastes like gluten white bread.

All my comments can be found here: http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=50984

pizza dough: still haven't found one yet but still looking...this is my favorite so far:

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/lofiversion...php/t27172.html

Scroll to Guhlia's post 1/2 way down. The only thing I do different is to use part sorghum for some of the white rice flour, use onion or garlic salt and add some basil.

cake: One Bowl Chocolate Cake found here:

http://www.recipezaar.com/209764

I made it 2 days ago...mmm

cookies: gluten-free Chewy Chocolate Oat chip Cookies (in the oven right now...mmm)

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=49833

2nd fav: Oreos

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=50817

3rd fav: Soft Batch (chocolate chip) found at:

http://www.eatingglutenfree.com/recipes_de...oftbatchcookies

the sugar cookies there are great too.

Sorry...no pancake recipe but we LOVE these Banana Nut Waffles:

http://www.recipezaar.com/312803

I only use 1 1/2 cups (almond) milk and keep bananas in the freezer to have on hand for these.

We ate a bunch this morning! I get 15 squares per recipe. Then freeze the extra.

Pan Cake:

My kids absolutely LOVE these and gobble them all up!

1.5 cups almond milk

1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce

2 eggs or 2 tbsp egg replacement

1 tsp vanilla

2 tbsp canola oil

1 Tbsp agave nectar or 2 tbsp of sugar

1 cup brown rice flour

1/2 cup sorghum flour (OR if you choose 1.5 cups of brown rice flour instead of the sorghum)

1/2 cup quinoa flakes

2 tsp of gluten-free baking powder

1 tsp ground cinnamon

Beat wet ingredients together with hand mixer or kitchen aid. In seperate bowl combine dry ingredients, add to wet and mix well. If you would like a thinner pancake add some more milk. Cook as you would regular pan cakes. It's nice with a blueberry sauce sweetened with agave.

Pan Cake:

My kids absolutely LOVE these and gobble them all up!

1.5 cups almond milk

1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce

2 eggs or 2 tbsp egg replacement

1 tsp vanilla

2 tbsp canola oil

1 Tbsp agave nectar or 2 tbsp of sugar

1 cup brown rice flour

1/2 cup sorghum flour (OR if you choose 1.5 cups of brown rice flour instead of the sorghum)

1/2 cup quinoa flakes

2 tsp of gluten-free baking powder

1 tsp ground cinnamon

Beat wet ingredients together with hand mixer or kitchen aid. In seperate bowl combine dry ingredients, add to wet and mix well. If you would like a thinner pancake add some more milk. Cook as you would regular pan cakes. It's nice with a blueberry sauce sweetened with agave.

Thanks for posting...I love sorghum, applesauce, almond milk, agave nectar and cinnamon in baked goods...and I can make them egg free for my dd :P

Purple,

Those waffles look fantastic! I wanted to get something else to feed the kiddos for breakfast. I've a question though, what type o waffle iron do you use and would you recommend it? I wanted to get a good one.

TIA

Purple,

Those waffles look fantastic! I wanted to get something else to feed the kiddos for breakfast. I've a question though, what type o waffle iron do you use and would you recommend it? I wanted to get a good one.

TIA

I bought the white, rectangular shaped one from Walmart for $10 called Durabrand. Its not a Belgian waffle iron. The waffle size works great in the toaster. Square waffles like toast. :D

If you have to eat on the run...the waffles are great plain , right out of the toaster!

Gluten Free Sun Dried Tomato Wraps

Recipe makes 2 large thin wraps + 1 individual burrito-sized wrap (OR just 2 large, but not quite as thin)

Ingredients:

1/4 cup sorghum flour

1/4 cup millet flour

1/4 cup potato starch (NOT flour)

1/4 cup tapioca starch

1 Tablespoons yeast

1 Tablespoon dried minced onion

2 Tablespoons powdered buttermilk or non-dairy powdered milk

2 teaspoons xanthan gum

1 teaspoon fennel, oregano

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder

1 1/4 cup of warm water (+/- tablespoons of water, depending on your flours)

1 Tablespoon agave nectar or honey or sugar or 1/2 teaspoon stevia powder

1 Tablespoon olive oil

1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

1/3 generous cup (or 1 ounce) dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes (If using oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, consider lessening or omitting the oil called for in the recipe.)

2 tablespoons tomato paste (Optional - for stronger tomato flavor-boost. HOWEVER, if you omit it, you will need to lessen your water by 1/4 cup.)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350F.

2. Mix together all dry ingredients (sorghum flour through baking powder).

3. Finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes.

4. Add sun-dried tomatoes to warmed water and allow to soak for 2 minutes or so until tender and refreshed.

5. Add agave (or honey or sugar), oil (if using dry-packed), vinegar and tomato paste to water/tomato mixture. Stir well.

6. Add to dry ingredients and mix on medium-high for 1-2 minutes.

7. Use a wet spatula to smooth out 1/2 the dough on to a large cookie sheet or jelly roll pan lined with parchment paper or a silpat.

8. Bake at 350F for 10-11 minutes.

9. Allow to cool slightly and then you can easily peel the wrap off the silpat or the parchment. If, while you are lifting, the wrap begins to tear, stop and lift from the other side. It will come off smoothly/easily - no worries!

10. Store in an airtight container or baggie on the counter. This wrap recipe (and the lavash wrap) work beautifully for sandwiches for the next 2-3 days.

You can easily make the next

I am a big fan of Bette Hagman. Here are my staples:

Pizza

Bette Hagman's recipe

1 1/2 cups pizza flour mix

3 tbsp almond meal or milk powder

1/2 tsp salt

1 packet yeast

3/4 cup warm water

2 egg whites

1 1/2 tbsp olive oil

1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar

mix well on high 3 1/2 minutes

very sticky - spread thin with very wet hands

smooth onto well-greased pizza pans

or use parchment paper

let rise 10 minutes

Bake 400 F for 10 minutes

flip over and bake additional 3-4 minutes - just brown

can freeze extras after first bake

Toppings

Hunts Traditional spaghetti sauce

Mozzarella cheese

Hormel Pepperoni

Bake additional at 400 F until cheese melts

15 minutes for large

12 minutes for medium

10 minutes for small

makes 2 medium or 1 large & 1 small thin

or 1 large thick crust

Pizza flour mix

3 1/2 cups white rice flour

2 1/2 cups tapioca flour

2 tbsp Xanthan gum

2 7-gram packets gelatin

2 tbsp Egg Replacer

1/4 cup sugar

Note: flour mix is shelf stable

Featherlight Bread

Bette Hagman's recipe

Dry Ingredients

featherlight flour mix 3 cups

Xanthan gum 2 1/4 tsp

unflavored gelatin 1 1/2 tsp

Egg Replacer 1 1/2 tsp

salt 3/4 tsp

sugar 3 tbsp

dry milk or almond meal 1/3 cup

yeast 2 1/4 tsp

ground flax seed (optional) 3 tbsp

Wet Ingredients

eggs 1 plus 2 whites

margarine or butter 4 1/2 tbsp

vinegar 3/4 tsp

honey / molasses 3 tbsp (I usually use 1/2 each - this is double Bette's amount!)

water (more or less) 1 1/2 cups @ about 110oF.

blend wet ingredients (reserve some of the water)

add dry ingredients - mix on high 3 1/2 minutes

put in pans, cover with plastic

let rise in warm place about 60 minutes

(35 minutes for fast-rising yeast)

bake 50-60 minutes at 400oF

cover with foil after 10 minutes to prevent over-browning

Featherlight Chocolate Cake

Bette Hagman's recipe

1 3/4 cup featherlight flour mix

1/2 tsp Xanthan gum

2 cups sugar

3/4 cup cocoa

1 1/2 tsp baking soda

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

2 eggs

2 tsp vanilla

1 cup sour cream

1 cup boiling water

beat eggs, add sour cream and vanilla

beat in dry ingredients

slowly add boiling water and mix well

bake at 350 F

9 x 13 pan -- 35-40 minutes

13 x 18 pan -- 17-20 minutes

cupcakes - bake about 20 minutes

The featherlight mix is:

1 cup white rice flour

1 cup tapioca starch

1 cup corn starch

1 tbsp potato flour (not starch, but I sometimes just skip this if I don't have it on hand)

Gluten free Baking recipes!! If you do not mind, what is your favorite, most moist:

Bread

Pizza Dough

cake

cookies

pancakes

I would like to get a few recipes to experiment with. Thanks in advance!!

Hi,

here are a few of my recipes for you to try.

Bread:

Perfect gluten-free Bread

OR

gluten-free WF DF Banana Bread

Pizza Dough:

Best Pizza Crust Ever

Cake:

Chocolate Cake 'To Die For'

OR

Really Easy Corn Starch Cake

Cookies

Jam Centred Thumbprint Cookies

Sorry no extraordinary pancake recipes.

All recipes on My Web Space (access VIA profile)

Best Regards,

David

Our favorite pancake/waffle recipe is found at allrecipes.com/Recipe/Delicious-Gluten-Free- Pancakes. This is easy to make. We are dairy free so use non-dairy milk soured with lemon juice and use 1 Tbls sugar in place of sugar substitute. For waffles, we use less liquid, use your own judgment. Any extras we warm in the microwave (pancakes) or toaster (waffles) for a quick breakfast or lunch.

Jo Ann