• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

DanaDee

Please Rave About Your Faves

Rate this topic

I am relatively new to celiac disease, my 3year old daughter was diaged last May. I have been trying new products left and right, some good, some bad, some ugly. So, let's save everyone time and money, please rave about some of your fave gluten free products ( not recipies, I can tweak and play), actual products that you buy that are yummy and save time. Here's my RAVE:

Schar basic white bread mix. We have tried EVERYONE as DD and DH do not like any of the premade bread. I have tried every mix, this is the BEST. Follow the recipe exactly, no need to tweak, make it in the bread machine. It's airy, crusty, good, no after taste. I also follow the directions on the box for pizza dough, again, it is hands down the best dough/pizza we have been able to make. ALL the kids like it, even the non celiac disease kids. They ask for it again and again. Bakes up nice on the pizza stone, crisp, airy, tasty good pizza dough. I just ordered several from the gluten free mall. Need to keep them in stock.

Also, would like to RAVE about the Kinnick ( is that right) 7 inch mini pizza pre made shells!!!!! AWESOME mini pizzas. Great slightly sweet taste. Last night we cut them up, basted them with melted butter, garlic salt, and parm, and toasted into breadsticks. None we left over, all the kids enjoyed them.

Two products I will buy again, and again, and again..........

I've been off gluten for about a month and half...

I love the Tinkyada rice pasta! As long as you don't overcook it, I don't think you can tell the difference from regular (semolina) pasta. It even reheats nicely if you put leftovers in the refrigerator.

I've also been trying some new bars for on-the-go snacking (I used to eat Clif bars, but they have brown rice syrup). Lara bars are yummy. They seem to be widely available because they have them at Kroger. "Kind" fruit + nut bars are also delicious. I especially like the almond/coconut and apricot/macadamia varieties.... they satisfy my foodie cravings :P

I finally got around to roasting more vegetables (not just potatoes) in the oven... zucchini, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots... yum. You just chop them up, coat them with olive oil, sprinkle on some salt and pepper (herbs are nice too) and you're good to go. That's what I'm having tonight with some salmon. I do like to cook, but I don't have a lot of time with a three-year-old and a seven-month-old.

I too like the Tinkyada pasta and Dr. Schar's crackers and breadsticks. Also like Enjoy Life chocolate, chips and cookies (all but the no oats oatmeal). Daughter likes Ener-G donuts and Wylde pretzels.

Glutino Pretzels

Nut Thins

Schars Bread Sticks

Namaste Spice Cake Mix

Glutino "candy bars" (think sugar wafer cookie)

Pamelas Shortbread Cookies

Gluten Free Pantry Chocolate Truffle Brownie Mix

Tinkyada Pasta

Amy's Organic Gluten Free/Dairy Free Frozen kids meal (baked ziti) -- soooo good

Bell and Evans Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets/Tenders/Patties

Enjoy Life Snickerdoodles (Allergen Free)

mmm...now I'm hungry.

Domata flour and pizza crust mix

Grainless Baker ready made bread and donuts

Pamela's Baking Mix for waffles and pancakes

anything from Mr. Ritts

anything from Pamela's

Conte's ravioli and stuffed shells

Kinnikinick chocolate dipped donuts

Joan's gluten-free greatbakes bagels

Domata flour and pizza crust mix

Grainless Baker ready made bread and donuts

Pamela's Baking Mix for waffles and pancakes

anything from Mr. Ritts

anything from Pamela's

Conte's ravioli and stuffed shells

Kinnikinick chocolate dipped donuts

Joan's gluten-free greatbakes bagels

OMG....there's gluten-free ravioli and stuffed shells? where does everyone get them? I haven't see the chocolate dipped donuts either?

Tinkyada pasta

Kinnikinnick animal crackers

Kinnikinnick K-Toos (oreos)

Kinnikinnick chocolate dipped donuts

Glutino frozen pre-made pizza crusts (not sweet like Kinnikinnick, and crunchy)

Glutino chocolate crisp (?) bars

Glutino crackers

Nut thin crackers

Outside the breadbox cheese crackers

Dr Schar crackers

Bell & Evans chicken nuggets

Wellshire Kids gluten-free dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets!!!

Alexia potato products

Dr Phager (?) fish sticks (covered with potato flakes)

Chebe frozen bread sticks

Trader Joe's frozen waffles and pancakes

Pamela's pancake mix

Yes, there's Gluten-free ravioli and stuffed shells, and they are so good! Everyone at our house loves them. I get mine either at the Gluten-Free Market in Fair Lawn, NJ, or if I don't have time to drive out there, I order them online from the Gluten Free Mall. They come frozen and packed in dry ice. Yummy!!

Most health food stores around me have the Kinnikinick chocolate dipped donuts, so I've never had to order them online.

The Grainless Baker Mock Rye Bread (also do not like any other premade breads)

The Grainless Baker Cinnamon Raisin Bread

The Grainless Baker Graham Crackers

Celiac Specialties Donuts

Tinkyada Pasta

Bi-Aglut Pasta

Kinnickinick Frozen Waffles

Joan's gluten-free Great Bakes Bagels

Joan's gluten-free Great Bakes Sicilian Pizza

Joan's gluten-free Great Bakes Pumpkin Bread Mix

Conte's Ravioli

Conte's Pierogies

Conte's Gnocchi

Glutino Crackers

Glutino Pretzels

Namaste Chocolate Cake Mix

Bell & Evans Chicken Nuggets

Nut Thins

Shabtai Gourmet Rainbow Cookies

Shabtai Gourmet Lace Cookies

Wolfgang Puck French Onion Soup

Heinz Tomato Soup

San-J Wheat Free Soy Sauce

Authentic Foods Brown Rice Flour

And this is not a product, but if you only buy 1 gluten free book for baking, I love, Gluten Free Baking Classics by Annalise Roberts.

Pacific Soups

Lara Bars

Blue Diamond nut thins

Wylde sesame pretzels

Ener-G Seattle brown loaf bread

I just found Ener-G website and they have so much on there

We had a company send us samples for our support meeting Tuesday night. The company is Shabtai Gourmet. We had Lady's Fingers, Brownies, and some other wonderful marbles cookie. They are gluten free, casein free, soy free, dairy free, lactose free, and corn free. They have a website: www.shabtai-gourmet.com and all internet orders are shipped free, no matter how big or small.

Also available at supermarkets all over NYC, Mrs. Greens Natural Markets, Mortin Williams, Natures Pantry, Wild By Nature, markets on Long Island, and some Shoprites. Certified Kasher too.

It was all yummy!!!

We found these corndogs recently in Meijers new freezer section of gluten-free items. We like them alot better than the Welshire Farms ones. The batter has just that hint of sweetness and is a little more tender and less dry than the others. http://www.sbetterfarms.com/corndogs.htm

I also like the Foods by George brownies. They're not like regular brownies but maybe that's why I like them better.

For chicken nuggets we love Allergy-free brand. http://www.allergyfreefoods.com/

Yes, there's Gluten-free ravioli and stuffed shells, and they are so good! Everyone at our house loves them. I get mine either at the Gluten-Free Market in Fair Lawn, NJ, or if I don't have time to drive out there, I order them online from the Gluten Free Mall. They come frozen and packed in dry ice. Yummy!!

Most health food stores around me have the Kinnikinick chocolate dipped donuts, so I've never had to order them online.

Thanks for the info......GLUTEN FREE MARKET.......that crash is me falling off my chair. Man oh man are you lucky!