• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

amom

How Much Does Testing Cost?

Rate this topic

Can someone give me an idea of what celiac testing costs? I'm uninsured, so I'd like to have some idea what it will cost me since I'll be paying for it on my own.

This is the labs I used. I was self pay as well:

https://www.directlabs.com/Default.aspx?TabId=55

But sniff around for the best price. Check with www.healthcheckusa.com

They gave me much better pricing than Direct Labs for vitamin D and Ferritin. With Healthcheckusa you may have to CALL to get pricing on the Celiac panel. They do not list everything they offer online.

This is the labs I used. I was self pay as well:

https://www.directlabs.com/Default.aspx?TabId=55

But sniff around for the best price. Check with www.healthcheckusa.com

They gave me much better pricing than Direct Labs for vitamin D and Ferritin. With Healthcheckusa you may have to CALL to get pricing on the Celiac panel. They do not list everything they offer online.

If I buy my own tests, am I supposed to take that to my doctor? If I do that, is he going to want to do his own test anyway? Also, if I do my own test, do I really need a biopsy to confirm the diagnosis?

I have tried the home test. Personally, I do not trust them. I suspect it is yet another company trying to profit from sick people.

For something as serious as Celiac, you should use the right and accepted tests.

With Direct Labs and Healthcheckusa YOU DO NOT NEED A DOCTOR.

I always call because I feel better doing that and I can ask any questions I have. I order the tests, choose a lab close to me, pay with my CC and they email me the lab requisition. I then take that lab requisition to the lab I chose. When the test is complete they email me the results. NO DOCTOR REQUIRED. :)