• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

crittermom

Fantastic Teacher

Rate this topic

Hi All,

I just have to rant and rave about my daughter's first grade teacher! So I picked Katharine up at school yesterday and her teacher stopped me in the hall. They are reading a book about blueberry muffins and want to bake blueberry muffins at school. So I assumed they were going to ask me to bring in a blueberry muffin for Katharine which would be great that they let me know in advance. That wasn't it, they want me to bring in the ingredients and utensils and bowels to bake gluten free blueberry muffins for the whole class! I couldn't believe it. They thought it would be wonderful for Katharine to participate but also for the other students to be able to try Katharine's muffins! I was so elated! It will be a total pain to take everything into school to bake and clean off all the surfaces and stuff before the kids get down there but, wow, it will be so worth it just for Katharine to be able to have that experience.

I baked the muffins this morning just to make sure it will work with the gluten-free flour and they were delicious. I took some into school so her teacher and student teacher could try them and they both emailed me that they were delicious and they wouldn't be able to tell they were gluten-free if I hadn't told them. They think the kids will love them. I can't wait! Anyway, I have shared so many concerns and questions here, I wanted to share a triumph as well!

Happy Halloween to everyone! Stay safe and gluten-free! :)

Oh joy!! Have fun. At least the muffin liners will be in place so no worries about the pans. :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• May 29, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • June 01, 2019 Until June 02, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com 

• July 07, 2019 Until August 03, 2019
      For more information, visit www.kefss.com or call (407) 255-6550. info@kefss.com 

KEF USA Summer Camps Announces the New KEF Gluten-Free Camp in Orlando, Florida for Youths with Celiac Disease.

[Orlando, FL February 6, 2019]-KEF USA is excited to announce that we will offer a new 100% gluten-free camp program to give kids and teens with Celiac Disease a safe, exciting and healthy summer. KEF USA programs offer fun and unique experiences that can only be found in Orlando, Florida. Campers explore the theme parks and local attractions, make new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Maria 1952

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Discussions

Thank you for all of the suggestions and information.  I will see a lot of the symptoms that I have that I didn't mention listed caused by lack of certain enzymes.  I have blood tests every 3 months. That is when I noticed my cholesterol, etc. not in check.  I eat too many carbohydrates because it causes less diarrhea than a lot of vegetables.  But in talking to 3 of my sisters they are already on medication for the problem.   One has Celiacs the other has Sjorgrens which I also have.  I'm conce
    For the fog and memory, it can be many things, the brain requires certain ratios and amounts of fat to function, it also requires b-vitamins the full spectrum among other amino acids, minerals and vitamins, nerve functions require magnesium, potassium and other things to fire right.  Celiac can hamper the ability to break down and absorb nutrients, digestive issues and enzymes can further complicate this, and trying to eat the right ratios of foods. I supplement with Liquid Health Mega B-compl
    I am interested in your comments about losing your memory.  I have Celiacs and IBS, etc.   Very difficult to eat a healthy diet.  One goes against the other.  The past year I have noticed a marked difference in my memory and was very concerned about it because my mother had Alzheimer's.  I had a brain scan but that is not the problem at least it doesn't show up on the MRI.  All of my blood enzymes are way out of line for my size and I'm thinking it's the diet and inability to do extensive exerci
  • Blog Entries