This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Pictures, Avitars, Photos

Guest Libbyk

eKatherine Rookie

I think there's a minimum number of posts you need to have made before you can put in an avatar.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

You can put an avatar up no matter how many post you have. You need, I believe, 500 posts to do a custom member title (the words below your avatar).

You need to crop your picture as much as possible, and keep trying as you go--that's what always works for me--I never get one to take the first time.

• 5 weeks later...
Celia the Celiac Apprentice

I go thru all the steps and it won't attach

psawyer Proficient

If you mean an avatar, I see a picture of a woman sitting on the floor in front of a fireplace. Or is it something else you are trying to do?

tsomo Rookie
:( I get a message that the administrator has not enabled me access permission to post my picture? How do I solve this?
flagbabyds Collaborator

im guessing you are posting on personal picture, you need to go to avatar settings to get it so you can have an avatar, for all people on the board personal pict ure is disabled

pinkpei77 Contributor

i keep trying to change my photo to a differnet one and i go through all the steps ....change the photo.. it uploads it and it still ends up being this same picture.

any help? suggestions?

thanks!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast

Have you tried to hit reload on your computer? Sometimes it takes a minute to show. I see a cute dog.

pinkpei77 Contributor

sheesh.. i just tried restarting my computer and it still is showing up as this photo!!!

very strange~!

ps. thanks for saying mouse is cute!! he's my pride and joy!~

CarlaB Enthusiast

Sorry, then, don't know! I've always just uploaded and it appeared ... is your picture too large? I've had that happen, but I don't know how to fix it. I'm sure someone will be able to tell you.

jerseyangel Proficient

Did you try hitting "refresh"?

celiac3270 Collaborator

Reload the browser page, not restart the computer. Assuming you don't have a Mac (and have a PC), you can just press F5 while at a page that has the photo on it (or hit the reload button in your browser)

pinkpei77 Contributor

man..ive tried all of those now and nothing works.. i can put up one of my wedding pictures and it still comes up as my doggie.

ive tried removing the one thats on there, restarting my computer, going back in and selecting the new picture and uploading it and it still comes up as this same picture.

not that i dont enjoy this picture.. i just wanted to switch it up a little bit :P

thanks for the suggestions everyone though!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Something's different now ... I hit reload and there's only a partial picture, but different than before.

pinkpei77 Contributor

ahhhh!! i figured it out!~!

i think its just the browser i was using.. i use safari , so i switched to internet explorer and WA-LA!!

this is a picture of mouse on our wedding day!!!

CarlaB Enthusiast
ahhhh!! i figured it out!~!

i think its just the browser i was using.. i use safari , so i switched to internet explorer and WA-LA!!

this is a picture of mouse on our wedding day!!!

Funny, this was the dog picture I was seeing all along!

pinkpei77 Contributor

oh wait.. in the one you are seeing does he have on a bow?

jerseyangel Proficient

The one I've been seeing this whole time is the dog with a red bow on the right side. Hope this is the right one! :D

pinkpei77 Contributor

well holy cow~!!

that is the right one.. but it shows up on my screen as an older one i had up of my dog in my car.

this is so strange !

it must be safari.. because when i switch over to IE it shows up as the one with him with the bow on!

thanks again for everyones help!!

i want to be able to swtich them often because i just got my wedding photos in the mail today!!

yayayayyaaaa!~ :D

jerseyangel Proficient

You'll have to put up some more pics from the wedding! :)

Nikki2003 Contributor

How do you add a picture in the corner of posts like evryone has?

Celina

jerseyangel Proficient
How do you add a picture in the corner of posts like evryone has?

Celina

Hi Celina :)

Go to "My Controls" at the top of your screen

Scroll down the left side, and click on"Edit Avatar Settings"

Click on "browse" to choose and upload your own picture. (This can take several tries! Make sure the photo is cropped small enough to be accepted.)

• 2 weeks later...
flxmanning Apprentice

It says that the site hasn't given me permission to post a photo yet. How do I get permission?

jerseyangel Proficient
It says that the site hasn't given me permission to post a photo yet. How do I get permission?

Hi

You need to go to "Edit Avatar Settings"--the "Photo" setting is disabled.

flxmanning Apprentice

Thank you!

Archived