Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Libbyk

Pictures, Avitars, Photos

Guest ~jules~

You mean your avatar right? go to my controls upper right first one underlined. Then along the left you'll see my avatar or something like that...then hit browse, choose your pic, then save avatar...hope I explained it right, i'm a tad slow myself :huh: Julie

Join eNewsletter

I love your avatar! Adds a wonderful Celtic flair to the board!

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Join eNewsletter

hi there. when I go to my avitar, it tells me I do not have priviledges. I am pretty new to the boards so do I need to log in a certain amount of time/messages before I can have the privilege of adding a picture?

well as you can see, I figured it out! Thanks

found by accident during an endoscopy for GERD/PUD in June 2006. Biopsy positive X2. IgA/glutein blood test confirmed July 2006. Have GERD (prevacid) and Gallstones too!

Join eNewsletter

hi there. when I go to my avitar, it tells me I do not have priviledges. I am pretty new to the boards so do I need to log in a certain amount of time/messages before I can have the privilege of adding a picture?

well as you can see, I figured it out! Thanks

You are probably going to the personal picture part, no one is authorized to have that, not sure why, make sure you go you your avatar settings in the my conrols part. then you should be able to change it.

no one knows about the personal picture setting, it is just how the board is made up.

Molly

Join eNewsletter

why is it that everytime I go to try and post my photo on my profile the site keeps telling me ... Sorry, the board administrator has not enabled your permissions for this part of the control panel. Is there some loop hole I am not jumping through?...Anyone else have this problem?

Join eNewsletter

Hi Brizzo,

You need to go to "Edit Avatar Settings"--the 'personal photo' is disabled.

If that dosen't help, let me know! :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

I am trying to post a photo and went to the avatar thing but my picture is over 50KB is there a way of making it smaller or fixing this at all?

I can do it for you if you email it to me. PM me.

Nothing

Join eNewsletter

I just went through the same thing. Open up the picture & up in the tool bar it should have the word "picture", (I'm using Microsoft picture). Click on that & go down to compress picture. Off to the side I clicked on "web page". That took it down to 27 KB. Also do a Save as so that you have both size pictures saved.

Join eNewsletter

how then do you make the photo larger?

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Join eNewsletter

I keep on trying to put a picture in my profile so that it will come up when i post. but i keep on getting this message...

Welcome to your control panel

No access permissions

Sorry, the board administrator has not enabled your permissions for this part of the control panel.

does anyone know how i can get this enabled?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Britni

~Diagnosed with idiopathic autoimmune chronic hepatitus at age 7 (1992)

off medication and in remission since 2002

~Diagnosed with ulcerative colitus age 10 (1995)

on medication under control

~Diagnosed with Celiac's disease age 21, no symptoms (August 10, 2006)

been gluten free since September 6, 2006

Join eNewsletter

I keep on trying to put a picture in my profile so that it will come up when i post. but i keep on getting this message...

Welcome to your control panel

No access permissions

Sorry, the board administrator has not enabled your permissions for this part of the control panel.

does anyone know how i can get this enabled?

Hi,

You need to go to "Edit Avatar Settings"--the photo setting is disabled here.

If you still need help--let me know :)

Patti

Join eNewsletter

I can't change my Avatar. It isn't too big in any ways (pixels and size) and I am going to the right place to upload it. I don't get it. Help?!?

One Celiac gene and one gluten intolerance gene (HLA-DQ 2,1).

Grain free, casein free, soy/legume free + a bunch of allergies I have had since I was a child (stone fruits, nuts..carrots)

Following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, but no nuts, legumes or casein.

Join eNewsletter

I can't change my Avatar. It isn't too big in any ways (pixels and size) and I am going to the right place to upload it. I don't get it. Help?!?

Weird. Now it suddenly worked. So never mind. :huh:;)

Grain free, casein free, soy/legume free + a bunch of allergies I have had since I was a child (stone fruits, nuts..carrots)

Join eNewsletter

HELP!!!!!! I am techo challenged 100 % so I'm glad to find a few others who can't get an avatar to work.... It truly makes me feel better so thanks to all the others who are having the same difficulty..

Today I thought I would try to put in a pic ,

well hours later I've given up any hope of doing that..

I went to the edit advatar setting & did just what it said to do but my pic does not come up.. So tonite I had someone try it for me who actually knows about computers & they could not get it to work either. So now I don't feel so bad that I couldn't get it to work but my ? is how does this work?????

thanks to all for helping me in computer kindergarden. I really want t to get to computer 101....

mamaw

Join eNewsletter

I just changed my avatar tonight. Go to "My Controls." On the left menu click "Edit Avatar Settings." The select one of the provided pictures or hit "Browse" to upload your own. You might want to make sure it isn't too large. Good luck!

Join eNewsletter

Mamaw,

I would love to see your picture! :D

Follow the steps that My Suicidal Turtle gave you, and then you may have to keep re-sizing the picture down until it takes it.

I've had some that went through right away, and others that I had to change the size several times before it would work. Use "crop" and adjust the size down from there.

Good luck--I hope it will work for you!

Patti

Join eNewsletter

I am having troubles changing my avatar picture. Pretty often actually. The old one keeps on coming back instead of the new one. I even delete my avatar so there is none and then upload a new one. It is only 3,9 bytes something and small, just to make sure I am not using something too big, but still, the old avatar picture comes up instead but in a smaller size (same size as the new uploaded one). I just don't get it. :unsure::blink: help?!

(If you see the avatar of my husband fishing, well his shoes, then that is the old one I am trying to swap out for my dog)

Join eNewsletter

I see your dog (what a handsome dog he is! :) )

Have you tried clicking 'refresh' (F5)?

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Join eNewsletter

I see your dog (what a handsome dog he is! :) )

Have you tried clicking 'refresh' (F5)?

Haha!! I tried refresh and now it works!!! Thank you! What a silly little thing, but still. ;)

It is a "she". Her name is Daisy, she is 3 this spring. German Sherpherd/Labrador Retriver mix. She hates getting her picture taken, so that is why she looks some what grumpy. hehe

She is super mellow and a sweetheart. I love her too much I am sure. She is my gluten free side kick these days.

Well, too much about my dog. :P;)

Thanks again! :D

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter