Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Libbyk

Pictures, Avitars, Photos

anyone know why I cant get my photo to upload? i've tried in .gif and .jpg and it is definitely small enough?!?!

gluten-free since January 7, 2005 and feeling a LOT better... :)

Positive Biopsy diagnosed celiac disease 1/7/05

Started on Cytomel (thyroid medication) Feb 21, 2006. has made all the difference in the world!!

Join eNewsletter

Are the pixels the right size? That may be the problem. Or maybe try some of the other file types.

Your avatar must be no bigger than 150 pixels by 150 pixels in size. Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 50 KB.

The following file types are allowed: gif .jpeg .jpg .png

Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004

Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003

Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

Join eNewsletter

yeah the pixels are right it says something like upload failed contact the administrator. weird.......

Started on Cytomel (thyroid medication) Feb 21, 2006. has made all the difference in the world!!

Join eNewsletter

well i got it up but i had to do it using a URL instead..... oh well at least it works now!

Join eNewsletter

I want to change mine, but I keep getting a message that upload failed, and contact the admin. The pixel and kb size is small enough, and it is jpg. I will try again tomorrow.

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Join eNewsletter

that is exactly what was happening to me so I had to use www.villagephotos.com to host my photo and just use the URL link.

Join eNewsletter

I don't understand why it's not working. It's what I did to get the avatar I have. I don't want to have to host on a url to get my avatar!

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Join eNewsletter

:( I cant seem to load a avatar...done everything everyone has suggested but keeps giving me the same message....

I have made sure it is the right format, and the right size....still doesnt work....

:angry:

Got any suggestions?

Penny

Join eNewsletter

My pic is a bit blurry to but I figured it's not that blurry so I'll just leave it like I have it...

I can't see the pic you have up right now..

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Join eNewsletter

For me, everyone's avatar shows up except for yours. It has that thing where it's a blank box with the little red x in the upper left corner.

EDIT: That was made in reference to Penny...just said that since I posted after Kaiti, so it might appear I was referring to hers, etc.

Join eNewsletter

Have you used one of these formats? gif .jpeg .jpg .png

Is it = or < 150 pixels by 150 pixels in size?

Is it = or less than 50 KB?

To make it less blurry try croping your picture to make the actual image biggger. This worked for me! And try saving it to your desktop and uploading it from there. This should work! B)

Good luck.

Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004

Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003

Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

Join eNewsletter

Guest BERNESES

OK- I'm getting really frustrated. I took my photo off (it was an avatar) to change it and now it won't let me change it or even put the old one back up. It's the right size and I am following all the directions. Is something going on with the board? I have been trying for days! HELP! Thanks, Beverly

Join eNewsletter

Ok, I have tried and tried to change my avatar, with no success. I do not want to post my picture on another website just to use it for my avatar here. I tried to change my avatar to something from the "base gallery", but there is no gallery to choose from! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Dessa

Join eNewsletter

I'm trying to update my avatar (again, I know... ;-) ), but it won't take the file. It's the right extension, under the size limit, and even less than an eight character name. Any ideas?

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Join eNewsletter

You've put up an avatar before, so I doubt it's this, but are you editing personal picture options, rather than avatar options? Trying to update it with a personal picture would result in the error message that you're not allowed to do that and you should contact the admin. I doubt that that was the problem, but just want to rule that out first.

Join eNewsletter

nope, I checked in to that one. I notice some general access issues with the site immediately after trying it, so there may have been some network funkiness (the technical term for it ;-) ) going on. I'll try again tonight when I get home (where the file is).

Bellevue, WA

Join eNewsletter

Wait a few days to try again, Tiffany. I have been having problems with changing avatars for a while now, so I pm,d Scott about it. He is going to look into it and see if there is a problem with the site. It won't even show the base gallery.

Dessa

Join eNewsletter

cool beans! thanks! :-)

Bellevue, WA

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter