This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Pictures, Avitars, Photos

Guest Libbyk

celiac3270 Collaborator

LOL Molly and psawyer...I promised this summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
liljules5 Rookie

anyone know why I cant get my photo to upload? i've tried in .gif and .webp and it is definitely small enough?!?!

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Are the pixels the right size? That may be the problem. Or maybe try some of the other file types.

Your avatar must be no bigger than 150 pixels by 150 pixels in size. Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 50 KB.

The following file types are allowed: gif .webp .webp .png

liljules5 Rookie

yeah the pixels are right it says something like upload failed contact the administrator. weird.......

liljules5 Rookie

well i got it up but i had to do it using a URL instead..... oh well at least it works now!

celiac3270 Collaborator

Yep, nice to see you! :lol:

plantime Contributor

I want to change mine, but I keep getting a message that upload failed, and contact the admin. The pixel and kb size is small enough, and it is jpg. I will try again tomorrow.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

liljules5 Rookie

that is exactly what was happening to me so I had to use www.villagephotos.com to host my photo and just use the URL link.

plantime Contributor

I don't understand why it's not working. It's what I did to get the avatar I have. I don't want to have to host on a url to get my avatar!

citygirl114 Newbie

:( I cant seem to load a avatar...done everything everyone has suggested but keeps giving me the same message....

I have made sure it is the right format, and the right size....still doesnt work....

:angry:

Got any suggestions?

Penny

citygirl114 Newbie

Finally used village photos but cant seem to get a clear pic when I resize it. It's all blurry............

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

My pic is a bit blurry to but I figured it's not that blurry so I'll just leave it like I have it...

I can't see the pic you have up right now..

celiac3270 Collaborator

For me, everyone's avatar shows up except for yours. It has that thing where it's a blank box with the little red x in the upper left corner.

EDIT: That was made in reference to Penny...just said that since I posted after Kaiti, so it might appear I was referring to hers, etc.

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Have you used one of these formats? gif .webp .webp .png

Is it = or < 150 pixels by 150 pixels in size?

Is it = or less than 50 KB?

To make it less blurry try croping your picture to make the actual image biggger. This worked for me! And try saving it to your desktop and uploading it from there. This should work! B)

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BERNESES

OK- I'm getting really frustrated. I took my photo off (it was an avatar) to change it and now it won't let me change it or even put the old one back up. It's the right size and I am following all the directions. Is something going on with the board? I have been trying for days! HELP! Thanks, Beverly

Guest BERNESES

Never mind- did the Village photo thing and it worked fine. Thanks Lil Jules! Beverly

plantime Contributor

Ok, I have tried and tried to change my avatar, with no success. I do not want to post my picture on another website just to use it for my avatar here. I tried to change my avatar to something from the "base gallery", but there is no gallery to choose from! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Guest BERNESES

I had the exact same problem- no base gallery either. Wonder what's up?????

tarnalberry Community Regular

I'm trying to update my avatar (again, I know... ;-) ), but it won't take the file. It's the right extension, under the size limit, and even less than an eight character name. Any ideas?

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Try changing the size (file size and width/height size) a few times. That worked for me a few times.

celiac3270 Collaborator

You've put up an avatar before, so I doubt it's this, but are you editing personal picture options, rather than avatar options? Trying to update it with a personal picture would result in the error message that you're not allowed to do that and you should contact the admin. I doubt that that was the problem, but just want to rule that out first.

nope, I checked in to that one. I notice some general access issues with the site immediately after trying it, so there may have been some network funkiness (the technical term for it ;-) ) going on. I'll try again tonight when I get home (where the file is).

plantime Contributor

Wait a few days to try again, Tiffany. I have been having problems with changing avatars for a while now, so I pm,d Scott about it. He is going to look into it and see if there is a problem with the site. It won't even show the base gallery.

Scott Adams Grand Master

I got this fixed, you should now be able to update your avitars. The library is still broken (will be fixed soon), but you can upload an avitar from your computer.

Take care,

Scott ;)

cool beans! thanks! :-)

Archived