Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Libbyk

Pictures, Avitars, Photos

Maybe it is the type of file, like jpeg or wks. I use jpeg for all of my saved pics, and they transfer well to my avatar.

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Join eNewsletter

Hi, this is driving me nuts. I have a nice avatar, but I wanted to put in a picture of myself. I have it in other forums, and it works fine.

The picture I am trying to use is only 12 kb, and 80 x 97 pixels, well below the limit. Still, every time I try to update it, it will just resize my old avatar to the same size as the one I want, distorting it in the process. I even left the forum after deleting the old one, and went as far as getting off the Internet, before trying to upload it again. And despite the fact that I had DELETED the old picture, it would pop right up again! I am baffled and frustrated!

Please help me with this!

Thanks

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

Hi Ursula,

I can see a pic of you - try hitting refresh, if that doesn't work, you may need to log out and log back in?

Hugs!

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Join eNewsletter

Hi Ursula, I see the picture of you! I had to hit refresh at the top of my screen, you probably need to, too.

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Join eNewsletter

Thank you so much, such an easy fix, and yet so frustrating if you simply don't have a clue you need to do that! And I kept resizing it smaller and smaller, thinking that was the problem. Now I put a better one in, clicked refresh, and there it is. :rolleyes: I learn something new every day!

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

Ursula,I see you managed to change your avatar-Nice Pic!

I like being able to put a face to a name-although I'n not quite brave enough to do it myself!

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Join eNewsletter

I have removed my current avatar several times and tried to boot up a new avatar picture and for some reason it keeps adding this one (it just changes the dimensions of the picture). I do not understand why,I have changed my avatar several times, and I can't seem to get rid of this picture. What's going on?

Gabrielle

Lancaster, Pennsylvania

Join eNewsletter

I have removed my current avatar several times and tried to boot up a new avatar picture and for some reason it keeps adding this one (it just changes the dimensions of the picture). I do not understand why,I have changed my avatar several times, and I can't seem to get rid of this picture. What's going on?

Its a browser cache problem. Change your avater to what you want, and when its all done, hold SHIFT and hit the REFRESH button. You will then see the new avatar.

- Vincent -

Join eNewsletter

Just hit "refresh"--your new picture is there!

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

Ok, I will try... but I have left the site for about 2 hours came back on and it still is this picture!! How much refreshing do I need to do!

Leave the site wont do it... well eventually it would, but not in 2 days. :) The only way to force it its hold SHIFT and hit REFRESH (its F5 in IE if I recall right, or just mouse click the icon).

- Vincent -

Join eNewsletter

Leave the site wont do it... well eventually it would, but not in 2 days. :) The only way to force it its hold SHIFT and hit REFRESH (its F5 in IE if I recall right, or just mouse click the icon).

HMMM... no luck. I did that... and nothing happened. I give up! I deleted my Avatar-- I'm just having a lot of problems today.... thanks for your help- :( I'm not meant to have an avatar!!!

Gabrielle

Lancaster, Pennsylvania

Join eNewsletter

I was going to add a nice picture to distinguish my online appearance a bit from the dull, pictureless tedium of grey/no avatar, and it said:

"Sorry, the board administrator has not enabled your permissions for this part of the control panel."

Am I not special enough yet?

Join eNewsletter

Did you do personal picture? 'cause that is not enabled for anyone, go to "My Controls" then on the side, click on "edit avatar settings" and then you should be able to upload your own picture. Make sure it is compressed and all.

Molly

Join eNewsletter

No, when I was trying I got that once, but then was able to. For me it had to do with the size of the pic. The one I ended up posting was cut down. Don't know the solution, but you should be able to post a pic.

Edit: Molly that's exactly what happened and that's the solution! Then I also had to cut it down.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Join eNewsletter

Did you do personal picture? 'cause that is not enabled for anyone, go to "My Controls" then on the side, click on "edit avatar settings" and then you should be able to upload your own picture. Make sure it is compressed and all.

got it... i was at personal picture instead. thanks

Join eNewsletter

I was just wondering how I go about putting a picture or quote or something under my name like I see on so many others?? Thanks :P

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

Join eNewsletter

Hi Jenny--You can go to "My Controls" and then to "Edit Avatar Settings" on the left. Then just follow the instructions. I think you have to have a certain number of posts to put a quote under your avatar--500, maybe?

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

Every time I try to download a picture from my computer, I get the error message including something about the picture exceeding the limits for my group. What group am I in and why isn't it re-sizing my picture like it says it will.

Carol - Mom to 7 kids

My daughter Caroline "Carly" 9yrs

blood test + April 06

biopsy + June 06

Join eNewsletter

I had the same problem, until I resized my picture myself to the required size (I think it was max. 50 kb, and 100 x 100 pixels, but I'm not 100% sure), and then it worked fine.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter