• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

leethinker

Feeling Extremely Tired And Dizzy?

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of being tested for celiac/gluten intolerance. I've been trying to eat a lot of bread (gluten) in preparation for my tests.

For the past week at least I have been feeling unbelievably tired all the time, regardless of how much I sleep. I feel dizzy when I stand up. I have been losing weight without trying at all. I feel horrible.

I've posted before with symptoms, but to avoid repeating myself, let's just say I have almost all the symtpoms.

I just got blood drawn today and the doc will be ttesting for 280 different foods/substances that I am possibly allergic to. She will be testing IgG and IgE first, then after this initial test they will move on to the individual foods/substances.

I'm so depressed. I'm SICK AND TIRED of feeling sick and tired all the time. I just cannot get enough energy up to do much of anything.

This post is more like a rant, but I was actually wondering whether this horrifically extreme tiredness and dizziness is a typical sign of celiac???? I'm starting to become scared that something else is wrong with me.

Thanks for you help!

Consider this: you CAN have both an IgG or IgE mediated allergy to wheat PLUS Celiac. Here is the problem. Let's say you come back "allergic" to wheat, so you cut wheat out of your diet. Now they will tell you after 6 months or so, you can add it back in. You may add it back in and not have a negative reaction. You think: problem solved. The clincher is this, if you cut wheat out of your diet without finding out if you are Celiac first, and can eat wheat later without any obvious issues, if you are Celiac, the damage can be happening without you knowing it. Setting you up for autoimmune diseases and cancers related to untreated Celiac.

If it were me, I would get a full Celiac panel done before I cut wheat, rye, barley or oats out of my diet. Better safe than sorry.

That tiredness and dizziness can be symptoms of anemia. Low iron is associated with Celiac.

Unfortunately I am having the same symptoms with a viral inner ear infection.

Try and keep your body going with vitamin supplements. I hope your testing goes quickly, so your healing can begin.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• May 29, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • June 01, 2019 Until June 02, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com 

• July 07, 2019 Until August 03, 2019
      For more information, visit www.kefss.com or call (407) 255-6550. info@kefss.com 

KEF USA Summer Camps Announces the New KEF Gluten-Free Camp in Orlando, Florida for Youths with Celiac Disease.

[Orlando, FL February 6, 2019]-KEF USA is excited to announce that we will offer a new 100% gluten-free camp program to give kids and teens with Celiac Disease a safe, exciting and healthy summer. KEF USA programs offer fun and unique experiences that can only be found in Orlando, Florida. Campers explore the theme parks and local attractions, make new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.