• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

RoKoCa

Need Suggestions! Gluten Before Testing..

Rate this topic

Hi there. I'm new here and somewhat new to the idea of Celiac Disease.

I plan to get tested ASAP because I'm currently MISERABLE when I eat gluten. I won't have insurance until the 1st of November, most likely. Last year I went gluten-free for three months and it was the best thing I've ever done. It was at the advice of a nutritionist (had nothing to do with Celiac at the time). Since I started eating normal (gluten) again last September, I've only felt worse and worse.

Lately I've done a lot of research on Celiac Disease and it seems to fit and the diet is the only thing that makes a difference. Here's my dilemma: I plan to get tested as soon as my insurance kicks in (November 1st I believe), until then I know I'm supposed to continue eating gluten as normal. BUT, it's so bad at this point where I eat and am so bloated and in pain.. By the end of each day, I'm miserable and can't sleep because of the way I feel. Exhausted but can't sleep! Any suggestions as to how to eat normal before my tests without wanting someone to shoot me before each day is over? Haha. I know, a bit dramatic, but I really do feel horrible and am just tired of this. Argh. Sorry for the melodrama and rambling, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.

I appreciate any help and support!

K.M.

I had the same problem as you, I was between insurances when I discovered gluten was the problem, but I decided to skip testing and go gluten free right away because I couldn't stand being sick for one more day. So my doctor considers me gluten intolerant.

You need to decide whether all the suffering is worth the diagnosis.

I had the same problem as you, I was between insurances when I discovered gluten was the problem, but I decided to skip testing and go gluten free right away because I couldn't stand being sick for one more day. So my doctor considers me gluten intolerant.

You need to decide whether all the suffering is worth the diagnosis.

I'm one of those that needs the actual diagnosis to keep myself ontrack with the diet. My will power is horrible. But so much for that.. my husbands company just went union and he's now not eligible for insurance for 5 months. So I'm out of luck :( Argh. Sorry, I'm just a bit depressed because I thought I'd be able to finally get some answers soon. More waiting.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• May 29, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • June 01, 2019 Until June 02, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com 

• July 07, 2019 Until August 03, 2019
      For more information, visit www.kefss.com or call (407) 255-6550. info@kefss.com 

KEF USA Summer Camps Announces the New KEF Gluten-Free Camp in Orlando, Florida for Youths with Celiac Disease.

[Orlando, FL February 6, 2019]-KEF USA is excited to announce that we will offer a new 100% gluten-free camp program to give kids and teens with Celiac Disease a safe, exciting and healthy summer. KEF USA programs offer fun and unique experiences that can only be found in Orlando, Florida. Campers explore the theme parks and local attractions, make new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.