• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

chatycady

Scd Diet And Legal Yogurt

Rate this topic

I need some advice on the SCD Diet. I have made the yogurt and started eating it. My symptoms aren't unbearable at this time. (Ringing of the ears, back ache and some gas). Will this get better? Or am I fooling myself thinking I can eat dairy again?

I've been gluten-free and dairy free for about 2 years.

I have a carbohydrate issue - like most here in this forum. I do not get D or C, but have reactive hypoglycemia. I'm following the SCD diet closely.

Thanks for any help or advice anyone has to offer.

Chaty

Im in the same boat with you right now trying dairy. So far so good. I hope it works that way for you as well. I am doing Keifer made with goat's milk.

I need some advice on the SCD Diet. Chaty

I think you'll get more responses if you post your question on the "SCD picking up the thread" again thread.

Some of us are on the SCD and dairy free. IMO it makes no sense to keep eating all the bad stuff that's NOT on the diet, just because you can't eat the dairy products that ARE on the diet.

Are those your horses??

THe yogurt is wonderful! I'm able to eat it with no reaction! I'm sticking with the SCD diet.

Yes, those are my pony's.

I have 2 ponies, too, both about 16 hands and as well fed as yours look. I'd like to have them on gluten-free diets but I guess any pelleted horse food contains gluten as a binder. Boy, that is really off-topic!

Glad you are sticking with the SCD. I hope it works for you.

My pony's are thinner now, they were on some pretty rich pasture that year. The mare was nursing so didn't want to interrupt anything. They don't get any feed other than grass and grass hay. - Occassionally oats. They are older now and in pretty good shape. (They are smaller - registered quarter horses 14.5 hands.)

Anyway, the yogurt is delicious - with honey. No symptoms at all, but I made a meatloaf that had cheddar cheese in it and I had horrible nightmares and am tired and sluggish. Hypoglycemia again. Is there much lactose in cheddar cheese? I must have zero tolerance for lactose. Will that get better? Or is it broke for life?

Thanks

Chaty

Anyway, the yogurt is delicious - with honey. No symptoms at all, but I made a meatloaf that had cheddar cheese in it and I had horrible nightmares and am tired and sluggish. Hypoglycemia again. Is there much lactose in cheddar cheese? I must have zero tolerance for lactose. Will that get better? Or is it broke for life?

Thanks

Chaty

I don't know if it's broke for life. I hope not. When I was about a month into this diet I figured out I had a problem with dairy and so far haven't been able to tolerate any of it--it makes me dull, foggy, and congested. I miss cheese.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• May 22, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • June 01, 2019 Until June 02, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com 

• July 07, 2019 Until August 03, 2019
      For more information, visit www.kefss.com or call (407) 255-6550. info@kefss.com 

KEF USA Summer Camps Announces the New KEF Gluten-Free Camp in Orlando, Florida for Youths with Celiac Disease.

[Orlando, FL February 6, 2019]-KEF USA is excited to announce that we will offer a new 100% gluten-free camp program to give kids and teens with Celiac Disease a safe, exciting and healthy summer. KEF USA programs offer fun and unique experiences that can only be found in Orlando, Florida. Campers explore the theme parks and local attractions, make new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.