• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

purple

No Bake Cheesecake Pumpkin Pie

Rate this topic

I made this pie:

http://www.recipezaar.com/26407

with a gingersnap cookie crumb crust. The cookie recipe is in "Cooking Free" by Carol Fenster.

It is awesome!

The crust:

1 2/3 cups cookie crumbs

3 T. butter

3 T. sugar

One dish method I learned from Rachelle:

Melt butter in 9" pie dish, add remaining ingredients, stir well with a fork and press crumbs into pie plate and up the sides. Bake 8 minutes @ 375 degrees.

I love cheesecake!!! I'm going to add that one to my file! I love this time of year, I am baking constantly. I made these caramel apple bars yesterday that were soooo good-but had to get them out of my house (my co-workers appreciated that :P ) And I was going to try this cheesecake recipe next week-gluten-free crust of course, because I'm mildly obsessed about baking with apples right now:

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/apple...cake-94523.aspx

I love cheesecake!!! I'm going to add that one to my file! I love this time of year, I am baking constantly. I made these caramel apple bars yesterday that were soooo good-but had to get them out of my house (my co-workers appreciated that :P ) And I was going to try this cheesecake recipe next week-gluten-free crust of course, because I'm mildly obsessed about baking with apples right now:

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/apple...cake-94523.aspx

ooo...that one looks like a keeper too.

Here is the next one I am going to make:

I couldn't get the link to work...google it if you/anyone wants to see the pic/recipe

Hershey's Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cheesecake

The link didn't work. Is it this one? Looks YUMMY

http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipes/de...ke#content_area

Yeah, I couldn't get the link to work so I gave up on trying to figure it out. I don't DO computers very well. :(

YES....That's the cheesecake! :D I don't have a spring form pan so I am making it in a deep pie dish. I have 2 pies lined up for Thanksgiving and a df/gluten-free apple crumble. Its so much fun making new things (that turn out well anyway). I think I will save cherry cheesecake for Christmas. My favorite pies are chocolate with a cream cheese base and sour cream lemon.

Thanks for the crust idea, I always used a bowl to make "graham cracker" crusts then poured it into a pie dish. And I don't have a dish washer in this house.

This was my first time using gluten-free cookie crumbs to make a crust with. My crust was too firm so I will use less butter next time. I am so glad many people said to use ginger snaps for the crust...WOW! I will never use a graham cracker crust again (we are not all gluten-free) 100 percent BETTER!

I have some questions???

For a baked pumpkin pie and a cookie crumb crust, how do they bake up?

Should you freeze the crust first like I read somewhere to prevent over baking?

Or just make the crust and don't prebake it?

For a non-dairy cookie crumb crust can you just use oil or shortening?

I also read to use a beaten egg white in the crumb crust for the baked pumpkin pie, anyone try it?

If I made them into tarts do I need to bake them less time?

Any suggestions for mini tarts with crumb crust or should I just use pastry?

I appreciate all your tips!

I have a womens pot luck next week and I want to take something pumpkin.

This was my first time using gluten-free cookie crumbs to make a crust with. My crust was too firm so I will use less butter next time. I am so glad many people said to use ginger snaps for the crust...WOW! I will never use a graham cracker crust again (we are not all gluten-free) 100 percent BETTER!

I have some questions???

For a baked pumpkin pie and a cookie crumb crust, how do they bake up?

Should you freeze the crust first like I read somewhere to prevent over baking?

Or just make the crust and don't prebake it?

For a non-dairy cookie crumb crust can you just use oil or shortening?

I also read to use a beaten egg white in the crumb crust for the baked pumpkin pie, anyone try it?

If I made them into tarts do I need to bake them less time?

Any suggestions for mini tarts with crumb crust or should I just use pastry?

I appreciate all your tips!

I have a womens pot luck next week and I want to take something pumpkin.

I think the egg white would help hold it together without changing the flavor. I made the butter mistake the 1st time I made a cheesecake crust with the Pamela's shortbread cookies-they were so buttery already, after I added the full stick of butter, it was way overboard. But if you really love the cookie crumb crust instead of a regular pie crust for pumpkin pie, I'd go for it. I don't think you'd need to change the cooking times at all. I don't change any of the cooking times on any of the crusts I use-it's more about cooking the filling. If you think the crust is getting too dark, you can decrease the temperature 25-50 or maybe in a water bath-I bet that would prevent it from over baking. I have a new crust for you to try, I think it would make a few pies worth (it ended up covering 2 9x13 pans)- and I think it would be killer for apple, pumpkin or peach--as well as cheesecake:

This makes a lot so you might want to mix it in a bowl:

1c brown sugar

1c butter-melted

1tsp cinnamon

3/4tsp salt

1c Pamelas baking mix (or 1c flour mix and 1/2 tsp baking soda-little xanthan if you want)

1c ground nuts (I used almond meal)

2c gluten-free oats (may want to pulse a few times in blender or food processor)

mix the sugar and melted butter together 1st, then add the other ingredients, it will loom crumb-y. More ingredients than I prefer to use, but I'm telling ya, it's amazing!!

I think the egg white would help hold it together without changing the flavor. I made the butter mistake the 1st time I made a cheesecake crust with the Pamela's shortbread cookies-they were so buttery already, after I added the full stick of butter, it was way overboard. But if you really love the cookie crumb crust instead of a regular pie crust for pumpkin pie, I'd go for it. I don't think you'd need to change the cooking times at all. I don't change any of the cooking times on any of the crusts I use-it's more about cooking the filling. If you think the crust is getting too dark, you can decrease the temperature 25-50 or maybe in a water bath-I bet that would prevent it from over baking. I have a new crust for you to try, I think it would make a few pies worth (it ended up covering 2 9x13 pans)- and I think it would be killer for apple, pumpkin or peach--as well as cheesecake:

This makes a lot so you might want to mix it in a bowl:

1c brown sugar

1c butter-melted

1tsp cinnamon

3/4tsp salt

1c Pamelas baking mix (or 1c flour mix and 1/2 tsp baking soda-little xanthan if you want)

1c ground nuts (I used almond meal)

2c gluten-free oats (may want to pulse a few times in blender or food processor)

mix the sugar and melted butter together 1st, then add the other ingredients, it will loom crumb-y. More ingredients than I prefer to use, but I'm telling ya, it's amazing!!

I thought about using some ground nuts but not the oats. That would be perfect for a pie crust...THANKS! I have 1/2 cup of Pamela's left so that would be a good way to use it up with 1/2 a recipe. And some granny apples..mmm Sounds like apple crisp topping :P

Thanks for your tips too!