• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

coltoot

Do You Think I Have Celiac?

Rate this topic

Please help me... Below are a list of my symtoms and diagnoses. Most of them began about 2 years ago. Do you think this is Celiac? I've had two blood tests which show negative results. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

IBS - 1992 and 2007

Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth - 8/2006

Endometriosis - 1992 and 2007

Breast cyst removed - 2/2007

Ovarian cyst removed - 2/2007

Brain cyst - 7/2007

Hypothyroid - 8/2006

B12 deficiency - 2007

Depression

Anxiety

Diarrhea / Constipation

Gas / Bloating

Numbness and tingling in feet and hands

Migraines - 1997

Fluid retention

Keratosis Pilaris on legs, thighs, buttocks, back and arms - 7/2007

Retinal hematoma - 7/2007

Irregular periods - since 2006

Night sweats

Faitgue!!!

Joint pain

Muscle cramps

Weakness

Light colored stools that may float or appear to have mucous

Geographic / Fissured tongue

Thank you for your help and support.

Welcome! :)

Yes, those symptoms could definitely be pointing to Celiac. The problem is that the symptoms are so vague that they can also be attributed to many other ailments.

Which blood tests did you have run? You should get a copy of the results and post them here. Some doctors don't order the full Celiac panel:

IgA

IgG

tTG

Total IgA

If then all the results are negative, you could see a gastro and request an endoscopy with multiple biopsies. Only then should you try a strict gluten free diet for a few months and see what happens.

Good luck!

-Kim

Kim,

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post. As I'm sure you know, having the symptoms without a diagnosis is very frustrating. Over the past 2 years I have been tested for so many things to no avail. According to the sheet I have from my doctor, it appears that she checked all of the levels you mentioned. I don't have a copy of the results but I have requested one and expect to have it by the end of the week. If the results were negative would the specfic level make a difference?

The nurse at my GI doctor is working on getting me in to get a genetic test. What is your opinion on that? Can you have the gene and test negative on the blood test? Also, I had a colonoscopy about 2 years ago and they found nothing. Would I still need an endoscopy? The allergist says yes and the family doctor says no!

Again, thank you for your time.

Tonya :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• May 29, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • June 01, 2019 Until June 02, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com 

• July 07, 2019 Until August 03, 2019
      For more information, visit www.kefss.com or call (407) 255-6550. info@kefss.com 

KEF USA Summer Camps Announces the New KEF Gluten-Free Camp in Orlando, Florida for Youths with Celiac Disease.

[Orlando, FL February 6, 2019]-KEF USA is excited to announce that we will offer a new 100% gluten-free camp program to give kids and teens with Celiac Disease a safe, exciting and healthy summer. KEF USA programs offer fun and unique experiences that can only be found in Orlando, Florida. Campers explore the theme parks and local attractions, make new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.