Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tgcatmr

Any Good Gf Breads?

Has anyone found a gluten-free bread that you don't have to bake yourself? I used to like Gluten Free Delites' white bread, but they went out of business! I can't seem to find any that taste even remotely edible. Has anyone else been luckier?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

There are some good english muffins that come in plain and cinnamon made by Foods by George. They taste really good toasted especially.

This is their website where you can find more information:

http://www.foodsbygeorge.com/

Also EnerG has some good gluten-free bread too but my personal favorite is Foods by George.

Yes--and besides making breads, Kinnikinick makes other...bread products, such as muffins and donuts--that's why I provided the link: you'll probably find Ener-G or Kinnikinick in your healthfood store, but they have so much more than bread to offer.

I like Food By George, but they're really expensive and even though their brownies and crumb cake are good, I find that "homemade brownies" with a gluten-free mix usually turn out even better. I used to eat their english muffins every morning, but I found a gluten-free bagel that I liked...I think it's made by Sans Gluten.

Yeah we ordered Kinnikinnick donuts and muffins a while ago and they tasted so good we ate all of it within a week.

Foods By George your right is a bit on the high side but I love the english muffins. I also have them just about every morning for breakfast and really enjoy them. My dad tried them and he loved them and he is not even a celiac.

I'll have to go get some of the bagels by Sans Gluten and try them. The health food stores are really getting a good collection of gluten free products in that are pretty good tasting too. :D

I eat Kinnikinnick all the time. I rtend to just use their english muffins and slice them thin.

My family likes Whole Foods Bakery bread but I am a Kinnikinnick gal.

i use energee brown rice bread as toast in the morning...and for grilled cheese sandwhiches...and it is fine. but you have to toast it for it to taste good. i am planning to try kinnicick soon...but havnt found it in a store yet. if it comes down to it, i'll order it from the website. too bad the shipping is so much. :angry: