• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I just want some oatmeal and cookies :D Can I buy any SAFE oats at the regular grocery store? Wegmans, tops, price chopper, p&c? If not, where can I get them-Thanks!

I just want some oatmeal and cookies :D Can I buy any SAFE oats at the regular grocery store? Wegmans, tops, price chopper, p&c? If not, where can I get them-Thanks!

We buy our gluten-free oats at Wegmans..they are in the gluten-free aisle but they go fast so we usually pick up a bunch when they are there. They are really good about helping you out there to so ask if you can't find them.

Hope this helps!

My local Whole Foods does not carry them, but I found them (Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Oats) at the local Kroger in the cereal section of their "health food" area.

If you get Bob's Red Mill, make sure they say gluten-free . . . cause they also produce regular (cc'd) oats.

wait ... I am way to new to this Oats are not gluten free ??? ALl it says on the package is Rolled oats ? Can we not have just plain oats ?

Confussed

Sarah

Because of the way they are grown, processed, transported and stored, they are often contamined with gluten containing grains. They might list only oats, but there could be a speck of something else in there. So they are not safe to eat unless they say gluten free on the package. The growers of gluten free oats grow nothing but oats and are careful in the way they are processed.

I can buy gluten free oats at some of the grocery stores here, but my area seems to be very aware of food allergies and the like and most grocery stores here do have a gluten free aisle or aisles. However, I usually get them at the health food store because believe it or not they are cheaper. I get most of my food there. I love my health food store!