Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chrissyb

Need Recipe For Sugar Cookies

I am looking for a soft sugar cookie recipe, the kind you use for Chistmas cookies with yummy frosting I would like to get pratice making it before Christmas, the simpler the better for me. Thank you to all you wonderful bakers out there a head of time. :D

Google the recipe RissaRoo posted called "Velvet Sugar Cookies", I have yet to try it...sounds yummy!

I am looking for a soft sugar cookie recipe, the kind you use for Chistmas cookies with yummy frosting I would like to get pratice making it before Christmas, the simpler the better for me. Thank you to all you wonderful bakers out there a head of time. :D

Hi Chrissy,

Here is a thread with several recipes. My recipe for soft, rolled sugar cookies is on post #2 :D

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?s...gar+jerseyangel

There's a recipe on the Pamela's website that actually uses the bread mix-without the yeast-it is the easiest, yummiest sugar cookie. It really rolls out like a dream, not sticky at all.

Here is an easy frosting recipe:

2 cups powdered sugar

1/4 cup (half a stick) butter softened

1/2 tsp vanilla

2-3 Tbsp milk

Mix together until smooth and add any food colors that you like.

I just made sugar cookies the other day, I like jerseyangel's recipe also from the thread she posted. And they're great with this frosting!

This was a timely subject for me. i have been on the prowl for a sugar cookie recipie, and today find a bonanza of them.

Thanks to the originater of this thread and to those who responded. i prolly don't have to tell you how satisfying it is to find something more that can be added on the plus side to that beginners list of what has had to be eliminated.

Now, does anyone know of/use a shortning substitute that is both soyfree and dairy free?

i am an old lady who now has to relearn eating and cooking.

Thank you all SOOO much. :wub:

This is a little late, but maybe will help someone. I've used this recipe for Christmas and plain sugar cookies for years, and the whole family likes them celiac disease or not.

GLUTEN FREE SUGAR COOKIES

Not sure if it is any good but when I was at Wegmans the other day I saw a gluten-free sugar cookie mix....if you want simple this would be it. I could take note of the brand next time I am there.