This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Viactiv Multi-vitamins

BRCoats

BRCoats Enthusiast

Can someone tell me FOR SURE that these are gluten free? I read the archives, and saw that the calcium chews are gluten-free, but am unsure of the multi-vitamin. I purchased the tropical fruit splash flavor. As far as the ingredients that are listed, it looks ok.....and I checked their website, but it didn't have any info.

Anybody know for sure???

Thanks,

Brenda

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

darlindeb25 Collaborator
;) my sister told me to try the calcium chews because calcium tablets bother my tummy, she is celiac too and has used them--so i know they are gluten-free, as for the others, i dont know------last night i was in a CVS pharmacy and found that CVS vitamins are gluten free and dairy free--they state it on the bottles, just like the nature's way i have always used and this week, they are buy one get one free--i think its wonderful how many preoducts are now listing the gluten statis on their products-------deb
angel-jd1 Community Regular

The multivitamin chews from Viactiv are a brand new product. They just came out within the last month or so. You would probably be better off calling the company to find out the status. Let us know what you find out.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
BRCoats Enthusiast

Dear Brenda,

Hey everyone,

Below is Viactiv's response to my inquiry as to whether they are gluten free or not. I had one, and they are pretty yummy. I am pretty sick today, so I'm not sure if they really agree with me or not.....nothing does today!! But they definitely taste good. :-)

HTH,

Brenda

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for visiting the VIACTIV Multi-Vitamin Chews website.

Gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley, rye and sometimes oats. VIACTIV Multi-Vitamin chews do not contain gluten.

If you would like to learn more about calcium, bone health, and osteoporosis, please feel free to call us toll free at

1-877-VIACTIV (1-877-842-2848), or visit our website at www.viactiv.com.

Tracey Ely

VIACTIV Consumer Relationship Center

Cholesterol management is a very important part of your heart health. Our BENECOL® Products are a delicious way to lower your cholesterol. BENECOL® Spreads and Smart Chews contain an ingredient derived from natural plant sources that is proven to reduce cholesterol levels. If you would like to receive information about BENECOL® Products, please call our toll free number 1-888-236-3265 or visit us online at www.benecolusa.com.

• 2 weeks later...
gf4life Enthusiast

I started taking the Viactiv calcium chews and also the Viactiv Multi-vitamin last week. I don't know why, but they are upsetting my stomach. This is why I stopped taking viatmins before, they make me feel dizzy and like I'm going to throw up. I just can't figure out why. I am going to stop taking the multi-vit and try just the calcium. Then if I still feel that way, I'm going to have to stop them all again. I just thought that I could get a little candy fix at the same time as taking my vitamins. No such luck, the multi-vit leaves a horrible taste in my mouth and I can't stand it. The calcium seems to taste okay though...

Anyone else have this problem. I know the manufacturer says they are gluten-free, but something in them doesn't agree with me. Most vitamins don't. I did okay on the GNC womens mega vitamin, but only if I took half a dose every few days. Maybe I just don't need the extra vitamins and my body is rejecting the excess?? I got glutened recently and I felt I needed the extra boost while I am recovering. It puts me down for a few weeks and I was hoping the vitamins would give me a bit more energy, not make me feel worse...

God bless,

Mariann

• 5 months later...
BRCoats Enthusiast

gf4life,

I know this is an old thread, so I apologize. But I wanted to tell you that the Viactiv really upsets my stomach. Takes me a couple days to get over it. Sometimes I think it's all the additives they put in supplements. ??

Oh well....off to find a different calcium. :blink:

~Brenda

Guest kmmolina

I too am sorry that I am just now reading this thread and responding. I am taking a sublingual (not sure if that is the right spelling) of B12, B-6 & folic acid. It is a little tiny pill that you put under your tongue and is dissolves quickly. I found it at Lassen's in Bakersfield and the store called the manufacture - Continental Vitamin Company to confirm that it was gluten-free...and it was. I had a doctor's visit today and he said that they are starting to come out with more of these types of meds because of absorbtion issues with other diseases.

Kathleen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

BRCoats Enthusiast

Hey, would that be cool, or what!!!??? :P Let us know if you hear anything else on that sort of thing (sublingual supplements). I would buy them in a heartbeat!

~Brenda

Archived