Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

burkev

Beer.....

I've had pleasant results from two beers brewed in Milwaukee...

Lakefront Brewing.......New Grist ....good

Sprecher Brewing.....Shakparo.....great

Caveat: no gluten free beer will ever come close to tasting like a hearty ale or stout or lager ...american or european.... but they do a great job

of trying to make a gluten free beer taste good

Caveat: no gluten free beer will ever come close to tasting like a hearty ale or stout or lager ...american or european....

I thought that until I tried Green's - a Belgian brewer.

Had never imagined gluten-free could be so pubworthy. 3 varieties & each was spectacular in its own right, tho one was less my type. Can't remember the names offhand.

Unfortunately, they were 5 or 6 bucks per 500ml bottle!! :o

It's about time I splurge again :D

I thought that until I tried Green's - a Belgian brewer.

Had never imagined gluten-free could be so pubworthy. 3 varieties & each was spectacular in its own right, tho one was less my type. Can't remember the names offhand.

Unfortunately, they were 5 or 6 bucks per 500ml bottle!! :o

It's about time I splurge again :D

I've been trying to find a place that sells that. How'd you get it?

Also, Sprecher makes a gluten-free beer called Mbege along with the Shakparo. The Mbege has a banana flavor that's a little overwhelming by itself, but with a spicy meal is delicious.

My boyfriend's working on making a gluten-free beer. The first batch was okay, but needs some work.

I've been trying to find a place that sells that. How'd you get it?

Also, Sprecher makes a gluten-free beer called Mbege along with the Shakparo. The Mbege has a banana flavor that's a little overwhelming by itself, but with a spicy meal is delicious.

My boyfriend's working on making a gluten-free beer. The first batch was okay, but needs some work.

I get the Greens from Bev Mo, they just began to carry it and have been buying it regularly in the hopes that they will continue to carry it and not discontinue it.

They stock 3 kinds of the Greens, I go by the color of the label, I prefer the orange label, I think it is called discovery.

The lightest colored label (quest?) is nasty IMO and the darkest colored label (endeavor) is OK but not as good as the orange label and is too strong, not the taste but the alcohol.

Thanks for the beer tip! I will have to check those out next time I'm in the US.

As for a good tasting lager --- I'm not sure if it has come to America but Spain's Estrella Damm for Celiacs is EXCELLENT! It is real beer made from malt and is approved by both the Spanish and Italian celiac societies. It has a gluten level of fewer than 6ppm.

In the UK it is imported by Anhauser-Busch so maybe forthcoming in the US?