Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mushimushi2004

List Of Gluten Free Foods Like Chocolate?

Where is there a list of gluten free foods like gluten free chocolate, ketchup, tomato juice, spices? Not looking for mixes and already prepared foods. I do call the companies but I thought maybe there might be a website that has this info too.

Thanks,

Del

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hershey's will list all gluten on the label and the following I know are gluten-free: Butterfinger, Snickers, Milky Way Midnight (NOT regular), Reese's PB Cups, Tootsie Rolls, Tootsie Pops, Charm Blow Pops, M&Ms, Skittles, Starburst, Jolly Ranchers.........

Heinz Ketchup is gluten-free.

There are extensive product lists at Delphi Forums and there's a Mac Sholland list...don't have the link from where I'm posting.

I find Delphi's list the most extensive.....

Go to www.delphiforums.com

click on the left hand side the category "Health & Wellness"

the very first forum to come up is the celiac forum.

Their lists are broken down into categories which makes it much simpler to look up a particular item.

Karen

Clan Thompson also makes product booklets -- for foods, prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, etc. There are confirmation dates, whether the product is gluten-free or not, vegetarian or not, etc. and also the company's phone number, so you can call them to make sure it's still gluten-free. They're small enough to fit in a pocket, paperback, light-weight....

Just a note to be very careful with Reeses PB cups. I have noticed wheat flour in the ingredients in the mini ones, and holiday varieties (like the Easter egg reeses).

Then they're gluten-free. Hersheys (a company, which Reese's is a part of) has a policy like Kraft's --if there's any gluten in the product, it will show up on the label. This means that if there were wheat, barley, etc. in modified food starch or flavorings, it would be listed like this: modified food starch (wheat).

Dear Del,

the word, chocolate, in your post caught my eye. I know that you are looking for lists, and the others have been very helpful, yes. But if casein free is also a concern for you as it is for me, I've got chocolate for you. Tropical Source makes gluten free/casein free chocolate bars and baking chips. You can't tell the difference in either taste or texture. The only thing about the chips is that once you have baked them into, say, chocolate chip cookies, they get soft and gooey, and don't harden up again like regular chocolate chips would. A bit more messy, but who cares when you can satisfy that craving!