Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This company was mentioned on a music oriented website that I frequent because they make guitar picks and drumsticks out of wheat. I went to their site and they make chopsticks and flatware also- out of wheat. They do have a statement on their site that their products are safe for people with wheat allergies.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Didn't want to post a link, just do a search for "wheatware" if you are interested.

I wouldn't use them, I couldn't, not knowingly anyways. It's just the thought. On the other hand, there are many vitamins that have wheat grass, or barley grass, and we are told there isn't enough gluten to harm us, yet some still react. Of course, you would not be eating the plates. If they are paper plates though, and you have something on the plate that soaks into the plate...what happens then?

No, I would not touch these products. I also will buy my guitar picks gluten free! :D There is a huge selection out there, we don't need to use this.

Now that is freaky. I wonder if they have to disclose the fact they create these items from wheat? I always

wonder about paper plates....

I'm not a lawyer and don't even play one on TV but I'd guess that since none of these products are intended to be consumed, there is no labeling law. Of course, since they are trying to hit the "green" market they will probably prominently promote the vegetation as a input angle.

This is rather scarey. One thing is that the container being a food it can become moldy and/or rotten - so I don't think these items could be warehoused for very long.

This is what happens when people fail to give the whole story and/ or take things out of context.

Wheatware is basically plastic by the time the consumer uses it.

If I am allergic to wheat food products, will I be allergic to Wheatware