This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Mother Wanting To Encourage Me

1morething

1morething Explorer

When I told my parents I was diagnosed, my mother right away pledged to me that she was going to go gluten-free with me. Although i had to wait a month for the biopsy before I started the diet, my mother went right into it, and she's been gluten free for a month. She says she feels so much better and that her rashes are gone.

Do you think it's ok for her to eat gluten free if she hasn't been diagnosed? :unsure:

thanks

Rachael

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

curlyfries Contributor

Absolutely!

Many of us do not have an official diagnosis.

It looks like you now know from whom you inherited the celiac gene.

kbtoyssni Contributor

Absolutely! Cutting out gluten generally means eating much less processed food which is healthier. WBRO doesn't have much nutritional value beyond being a carb, so you won't miss out on something essential by cutting it out.

Steve Glutenberg Newbie

I think it's great. It sounds like she's the type of person who will be very comfortable making a big change just on the basis of how it makes her feel. So many of us have self doubts and need that hard diagnosis....but rashes disappearing and feeling better off gluten certainly sound like she has a form of gluten sensitivity.

Now, if down the road she goes back to eating gluten, you should encourage her to get tested so that she will stay off gluten for life!

• 2 weeks later...
christian.808 Newbie

Most definitely it will be okay. It will not hurt her. It just may be a benefit for her. It will be wonderful for you, to have that great support. It is so wonderful to have loved ones and family members to be there for support when going through this. What a wonderful reward.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com:
    Donate

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-M):

• Recent Activity

1. - Bayb replied to Bayb's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Trying to read my lab results

2. - Aussienae replied to Aussienae's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Constant low back, abdominal and pelvic pain!

3. - trents replied to mishyj's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Why?

4. - trents replied to mishyj's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Why?

5. - mishyj replied to mishyj's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Why?

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

lortaine
    Newest Member
    lortaine
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Bayb
      Hi Scott, yes I have had symptoms for years and this is the second GI I have seen and he could not believe I have never been tested. He called later today and I am scheduled for an endoscopy. Is there a way to tell how severe my potential celiac is from the results above? What are the chances I will have the biopsy and come back negative and we have to keep searching for a cause? 
    • Aussienae
      I agree christina, there is definitely many contributing factors! I have the pain today, my pelvis, hips and thighs ache! No idea why. But i have been sitting at work for 3 days so im thinking its my back. This disease is very mysterious (and frustrating) but not always to blame for every pain. 
    • trents
      "her stool study showed she had extreme reactions to everything achievement on it long course of microbials to treat that." The wording of this part of the sentence does not make any sense at all. I don't mean to insult you, but is English your first language? This part of the sentence sounds like it was generated by translation software.
    • trents
      What kind of stool test was done? Can you be more specific? 
    • mishyj
      Perhaps I should also have said that in addition to showing a very high response to gluten, her stool study showed that she had extreme reactions to everything achievement on it long course of microbials to treat that.