Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mmmSmores

Thank You

Thank you for the many replies...I find it very helpful. Its nice to hear responses from real people rather than just reading my Gluten Free Lifestyle for Dummies book...although it has been very helpful.

For a while I was having acid reflux, everyday, tums started not to work. And with that I also had a variety of Gastro problems, not to mention horrible bloating too. I went on Omeprazole and haven't had a lick of reflux since. Perhaps that was part of the celiac. After reading about the symptoms of celiac I found that I was having non-gastro problems, fuzzy brain, minor skin problems, possibly some dental problems too. I had a really low Vitamin D level and have been on prescription doses of that since i've been diagnosed.

Sorry if all of that is jumbled up...i have so many thoughts about this running through my head, its hard to get it all out in an orderly fashion.

By the way, how do you find out what gene you have? Also, i'll be throwing away my wooden spoons!

I agree that it is nice to have real people who actually do understand and can be supportive. I went out and bought all new cooking utensils for myself and have also gotten my own pots, pans, storage containers, etc. All of this has helped to lessen the stress related to living gluten free.

You can ask your doctor to run a gene test for you. If your doctor refuses, you can order a gene test through Enterolab. They send you a swab for the inside of your cheek, and then you send it back to them. It usually takes about 2-3 weeks to get the results back. I think it costs around $99.

-Brian