This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Potatoe Chips

1morething

1morething Explorer

I've been on the gluten free diet for 3 days only and I'm trying to figure all this out. I've been noticing that most "regular" chips have no wheat or what is considered gluten. Does that mean they are gluten free or what I'm wondering is could there be a good chance of c/c ??

I just dont know anymore what's good or not :(

thanks

Rachael

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

hollyres Explorer

Lays plain chips are gluten free, as well as many other varieties. If you are allergic to corn, you might want to choose another brand. In the future, go to Google and type in the product you are interested in and "gluten free." Most of the time you will find something on it, either from this list or the company. You will find that your best friend will become the Internet - and your own ability to research. There are tons of posts on products on this site and you can research it right through the site's own search engine. (I am not discouraging you to post questions, just encouraging you to research everything you eat.) There were things I was continuing to eat, like Ore-Ida Crispers - if I would have researched it, I would have saved myself a lot of grief. Good luck! It isn't easy, but worth every bit of effort. In time, you won't even need to think about what you can eat, as you will have your diet in a good place and you will be happy with what is on your menu. You will continue to uncover new and wonderful things that you LOVE and hopefully will become very satisfied and fulfilled with your diet. Personally, I couldn't live without my chips!

Here is the gluten free list:

Products Not Containing Gluten

Last updated November 30, 2007

BAKED! CHEETOS

Lisa Mentor

Holly provided a great list. Please note at the bottom of the list is a statement regarding Lays Staxx manufactured on dedicated lines and are considered FREE OF GLUTEN.

The rest of the extensive listing does not say FREE OF GLUTEN, but MAY be subject to cross contamination during production. Some people here are sensitive to Lays Products, others are not.

• 2 weeks later...
Dustda18 Rookie

Only Lays Stax are truly gluten free

purplemom Apprentice

Utz chips say gluten free on the bag. My family loves them!

cruelshoes Enthusiast

Just because I am totally anal retentive :o , I will mention that the Lays list posted above is out of date. The most current list on the frito lay website was updated 11/13/08. There are quite a few discrepancies between the two.

Open Original Shared Link

We have never had a problem with any Lays product in our house, so make your own choice whether to eat them or not. Happy potato chips, everybody!

Mother of Jibril Enthusiast

I like Terra Chips :P

Most of them are only seasoned with sea salt, but do check the ingredients.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

hollyres Explorer

I will make sure I dig deeper before posting another list - I am so sorry! I don't want to gluten anyone.

Archived