Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I was recently diagnosed w/ celiac disease, but I'm the only one in my immediate family w/ it (that we know of). But recently I've been wondering if my older sister might have it..some of the things shes experiencing are: frequent headaches, waking up in the middle of the night, sometimes pale, sometimes stomach problems, but the main thing is the headaches. i was just wondering if this was any indication of whether she may or may not have celiac disease. Are headaches normally frequent w/ celiac disease patients? I never really had bad ones...Please let me know what y'all think. Thanks..

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

There are so many symptoms(it has been said over 200 symptoms) that come with celiac. Different people have different symptoms and yes headaches are one of the symptoms. Some people don't even get symptoms with Celiac. Considering that you have celiac disease then your sister and everyone else in your family for that matter should be tested. Celiac disease runs in families.

I was recently diagnosed w/ celiac disease, but I'm the only one in my immediate family w/ it (that we know of). But recently I've been wondering if my older sister might have it..some of the things shes experiencing are: frequent headaches, waking up in the middle of the night, sometimes pale, sometimes stomach problems, but the main thing is the headaches. i was just wondering if this was any indication of whether she may or may not have celiac disease. Are headaches normally frequent w/ celiac disease patients? I never really had bad ones...Please let me know what y'all think. Thanks..

Sleep problems, paleness, stomach problems, headaches...sounds like it could be celiac. Then again, she, along with everyone else in your family, should get tested simply because another in the family has celiac. It's possible that she is celiac or one of your parents is an asymptomatic celiac; besides, it affects 1% of the population--and with those figures, the odds aren't terrible, anyway.