This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

My Gi Says I Am Borderline...

teacherwheart

teacherwheart Apprentice

Some background 3 months ago my 2 year old was diagnosed with celiac. I tested positive with initial blood worrk, just got my biopsy results and I tested negative, my more indepth blood tests came back borderline - TTG IgG 2f, TTG IgG 7f IgG 14.4. The GI says I dont have it. I do however have 2 minor symptoms (lactose insensitive, some gas issues) besides that I feel fine. Do I go gluten free, wheat free, eat whatever. Not sure what or where to go from here.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ShayFL Enthusiast

Most in here will tell you there is no such thing as "borderline". You either do or you dont. It is like you cant be borderline pregnant.

If it were me and I had a POS bloodwork and my child has been Dx with Celiac, then I would go gluten-free for life myself. First, it will be so much easier to have a gluten-free home. Both of you eating gluten-free. Hopefully if you are married your DH will get on board too. It is just so much better and easier to have a gluten-free household.

Also, you and your partner should get genetic testing.

oceangirl Collaborator

I'd go gluten-free for a few weeks and see if you feel better. If you don't I suppose you could put wheat and it's friends back. But, I agree with Shayfl, if you were positive, it seems you're positive.

And with someone with celiac in the house, being all gluten-free is much easier and less stressful.

Good luck!

lisa

teacherwheart Apprentice

Thank you, I am going to go gluten free. If my son can do it so can I :D:D

lovegrov Collaborator

You are or you aren't. Although I'm not a doctor and don't play one online, from what you've said, I'd say you have celiac.

richard

Amber M Explorer
Some background 3 months ago my 2 year old was diagnosed with celiac. I tested positive with initial blood worrk, just got my biopsy results and I tested negative, my more indepth blood tests came back borderline - TTG IgG 2f, TTG IgG 7f IgG 14.4. The GI says I dont have it. I do however have 2 minor symptoms (lactose insensitive, some gas issues) besides that I feel fine. Do I go gluten free, wheat free, eat whatever. Not sure what or where to go from here.

My 1 biopsy said I was negative for Celiac and then my gene test says I am gluten sensitive with genes from both parents making it worse. And, if I contiued to eat gluten, I could develop Celiac disease. I have other severe symptoms and it has been diagnosed as Gluten Ataxia (affecting the cerabelum (base of the brain) causing damage to the motor and nervous system. My point is gluten sensative is equally as bad. I also have lower colon problems. By what you said, I say it is positive, even if mild. It can only get worse if you were to continue. It might be worth geting the gene tests for both you and your childs father.

Archived