Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cyanide_sunshine

Aren't I Supposed To Feel Better After Gluten Free

Hey, guys me again.

I actually feel worse after 1 week no gluten. My stomach symptoms are gone, and I was good for like 4 days but then I crashed.

I'm very weak, especially my limbs.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It takes a lot longer than one week to feel better. A few months even. Are you sure you were 100% gluten-free. It takes a long time to get fmailiar with the do and do not haves. Maybe you have issues with dairy and spices, too?

I feel better after eating gluten actually...

until my stomach starts hurting and the nausea begins.

No, I put soy sauce on my rice today. So not 100% But the past week I have not done anything beside that.

I bought baker's gluten from the store for eighty nine cents.

I think I might give it a test run before my celiac test.

My insurance doesn't cover it at school so I have to wait a week.

We'll see.

Thanks turtle.

I wouldn't even expect to feel better so soon. Your body has to repair itself. For me it took 3 months to get to about 85% and then another couple months to feel completely normal. For some people it may take more or less time to heal but don't expect to feel better so soon because a lot of people don't feel better that fast.

Even at the 1 week you are still having gluten containing foods like soy sauce so definately don't expect to feel better. At first there are alot of accidents too because there are things you think are gluten-free that really are not gluten-free. Gluten can be hidden under numerous things like natural flavors and things like that and it takes a little bit of time to learn the ropes of what we can eat.

https://www.celiac.com/st_main.html?p_catid=12

Look at this link it will provide you with a guideline of safe and forbidden foods for celiacs.

Good luck :D