• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

MLB

Anyone Use Mccormick's Artifical Butter Flavor?

Rate this topic

The label says gluten free on it but I'm wondering if it's also dairy and soy free? I think I may be reacting to it but sometimes it's so hard to pinpoint what's making me sick.

Ingredients:

WATER, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, AND FD&C YELLOW 5.

AVAILABLE SIZE

I mixed it with palm shortening, salt and yellow food coloring to make a gfcfsf "butter".

I felt great until dinner when I had Costco's roasted chicken, green beans, and a sweet potato with my "butter" on it. I know Costco's chicken says gluten free on it but now I'm wondering if it might have d or s in it?

Any ideas? Thanks!

The label says gluten free on it but I'm wondering if it's also dairy and soy free? I think I may be reacting to it but sometimes it's so hard to pinpoint what's making me sick.

Ingredients:

WATER, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, AND FD&C YELLOW 5.

AVAILABLE SIZE

I mixed it with palm shortening, salt and yellow food coloring to make a gfcfsf "butter".

I felt great until dinner when I had Costco's roasted chicken, green beans, and a sweet potato with my "butter" on it. I know Costco's chicken says gluten free on it but now I'm wondering if it might have d or s in it?

Any ideas? Thanks!

The last time I checked with McCormick all of their artifical flavorings were gluten and dairy free. Did you verify the yellow food coloring?

I agree with Janet about the McCormick products. Some Costco chickens say they are gluten free and some don't. Depends on your local Costco. If yours says it is gluten free, it is. For what it's worth, my local Costco sells gluten free chicken, and we eat them all the time with no problems. :)