Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My wife is currently in hospital with unknown cause to gastric problems. She was diagnosed as celiac as a child. She's now 54. From reading Celiac.com in the Celiac Disease Information page, she has most of the symptoms described. However, she also has vomiting, which is not mentioned. Is this therefore a symptom of something else?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Vomiting is a symptom of celiac. There are 200+ symptoms with celiac and everybody's bodies are different so many people have different symptoms. Has she stayed completely gluten-free or has she cheated on the diet alot? That could make her feel really bad. Has she checked makeups,toothpastes,lotions, shampoos, etc?

Also candida is a possibility. That's what I have(along with celiac) and am taking medication for. It can have some of the same symptoms as celiac does as well.

Hope they find out what is going on and she'll be in my prayers...hope she feels better :D

If your wife had celiac as a child then she still has it. Did she sort of go into remission in her teens and or as a young adult and start eating glutrn again? That happens a lot but celiac NEVER goes away and it soundslike it's back with her.

richard