Beth in NC

Test Interpretation Help

Rate this topic

I am one of those people who do not have a strong reaction physically when I accidently get glutened. It is frustrating as I start feeling bad days later...I think...and have no idea what in the world I ate. I have still had a lot of days where mentally I was off and had a great deal of fibromyalgia symptoms.

I was at the docs last week for bronchitis and asked for a new celiac panel since this would ensure the same lab was used as the last time. She gladly did it.

Some of my results are better, even within normal range, but there is one that is much higher than before. I don't know exactly what each one means though, so that is where you experienced folks come in. :D

Antigliadin Abs, IgA

This test changed a bit, but was within range both times.

July - normal range 0-4....my result was 2

December - normal range 0-10....my result 6.8

Antigliadin Abs, IgG

July - normal range 0-9....my result 18

December - Normal range 0-10.....my result 31.3

WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?????

t-Transglutaminase IgA

July - normal range 0-3....my results 21

December - my result 3 YEAH!!!

t-Transglutaminase IgG

July - normal range 0-5...my result 13

December - my result 2 YEAH!!!

Endomysial Antibody IgA

July - Positive

December - NEGATIVE!!!

Immunoglobulin A, Qn

July - normal range 70-400....my result 192

December - my result 189

Both of these are in normal range but I'm not sure what this tests for.

Whatcha think?

Don't quote me, but I believe high IgG antibodies means your body is fighting a bacterial or viral infection. Since bronchitis is usally caused by a virus, it means that your body is responding appropriately to bronchitis.

No, my understanding is that the antigliadin IgG is known to hang around longer. Note the other tests were verey high some months ago, and the antigliadin lagged after, just like I read they could.

Antigliadin would not rea to virus or cold, it is quite specific about gliadin.

More about teh antiglidin can be found at Dr. Ford's website, www.drgluten.com I think it is. He feels teh antigliadin IgG test is a very good test for gluten sensitivity. (you can have gluten sensitivity iand not be celiac, by the way. Antigliadin antibodies have been found in the CNS, attacking the nerves)

The total IgA is just to check if you make IgA at all, as so many are IgA deficient and then all the IgA type tests are invalid, IgA tests for any kind of thing.

The ttg test is still highish, it is 3 with positive being from 3 upwards , or more than 3. So they are still there. (the antibodies) and the antigliadin IgG just confirms that.

If you have been gluten-free since may-june, it might still take some time before all the numbers are 0 even without cheating. The antigliadin IgGg can stay high for a year after going gluten-free, and one more thing, if the antibodies responsible for ddiabetes1 have been triggered (gluten triggers them) , the antigliadin IgG can typically get very high.

Gluten aslo triggers thyroid antibodies.

nora