Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

B-12 Shots And Prenatal Vitamins?

Twister2

Hi ladies, is anyone taking both prenatal vitamins and B-12 by injection? I have been getting B-12 by injection for a few months now but I am worried about taking it in conjunction with he prenatal vitamins since they have fairly high levels of B-12 in them also. I certainly have noticed a big difference in my morning sickness with this pregnancy and I wonder if the B-12 has anything to do with it?? Whatever it is I am just glad I don't have my face in the toilet regularily!

Antibody positive, diagnosed October 2004.

Mother and two sisters with Celiacs also

Edmond, Oklahoma

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hey there, I am taking a prescription prenatal (1st pregnancy , due Oct 18) but my doctor has not mentioned the B12 shot. I have heard it mentioned other places, what are the advantages suppose to be? I have a doctors appt next week and am wondering if I should be asking him about it.

Sorry I am no help, I will let you know what my doc says...

Hey there, the B-12 shot helps me with my neuropathy and muscle and bone pain. My doc checked my B-12 level and it was low. He said that it was fine to take prenatals in conjunction with the B-12 as my body would just dump whatever excess B-12 there was in my system. I'm due Oct 14th, hope you are feeling well!

:)

Antibody positive, diagnosed October 2004.

Mother and two sisters with Celiacs also

Edmond, Oklahoma

Archived