This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Special Christmas Menus

ang1e0251

ang1e0251 Contributor

We're going to Indy to be with our kids for Christmas this year as they both are working as much as they can during the break. We're usually at home but Mom is going to Arizona before Christmas so we are free to travel, dog and all!!

We haven't decided what to cook and I wondered what others are having. We are usually pretty casual for Christmas eating. When I worked in the mall, I was so exhausted then I just didn't want to spend all day in the kitchen. Now I'm open to suggestions!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

eeyore Collaborator

I came up with a pretty quick recipe for pumpkin bread.

Pumpkin Bread

2 eggs

2 tsp. vanilla

elonwy Enthusiast

I'm going to be cooking a goose this year. I'm thinking blackberry demi-glace to go with it, instead of cranberry sauce. I'm going to be having Kinnikinnick pan rolls (found them in the frozen section), and I'm thinking for veg I might do glazed carrots. I'm still trying to come up with something green. I'm also thinking of doing baby potatoes, I might toss some veg in there.

Anyway, the goose is the exciting part.

CeliacMom2008 Enthusiast

We're taking a lasagna to the in-laws. Easy to make ahead of time and easy to deal with on the road.

MollyBeth Contributor

It's just me and my puppy for Christmas this year! I'm not going to be with family til after the first of the year.

I'm doing a pork loin and black beeans and rice.

ang1e0251 Contributor

M-m-m-m-m...it all sounds delic!!

Keep them coming!!

Sweetfudge Community Regular
I'm going to be cooking a goose this year. I'm thinking blackberry demi-glace to go with it, instead of cranberry sauce. I'm going to be having Kinnikinnick pan rolls (found them in the frozen section), and I'm thinking for veg I might do glazed carrots. I'm still trying to come up with something green. I'm also thinking of doing baby potatoes, I might toss some veg in there.

Anyway, the goose is the exciting part.

ooh, this sounds soo good! i've never had/made goose before. i love berries! i'd love to have your recipe, along w/ any tips for cooking goose. i might have to venture out and try it sometime!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

I'm doing a pork roast, German potato salad, carrots, pistachio salad, tomato/mozzerella/basil salad, and homemade chunky applesauce.

For dessert, I think chocolate pecan pie and either spice cake with buttercream frosting or another pie (haven't decided)

Elonwy--I've had duck once at a fancy-schmancy party. It was delicious :D

*lee-lee* Enthusiast

for Christmas Eve, i'm bringing a salad to my boyfriends parents house...i don't really feel like preparing a big meal just for me to have to reheat. oh and i'm going to make chocolate chip cookies so i'll have something to eat for dessert, too. my pumpkin choc chip ones were a hit at Thanksgiving!

Christmas Day...we're staying home and having steak and french fries (what a combo, huh??). i was thinking about making some honey glazed carrots too because i've been having a craving for them!

then my mom is making me a big ol' turkey dinner over the weekend when we're at their house. i'm making a carrot cake - i think i'm going to try the Namaste spice cake with the carrot variation.

purple Community Regular

We wanted a repeat of Thanksgiving and there's only 3 of us. We plan to watch it snow and stay home.

Turkey breast

"G" stuffing for dh

Mashed potatoes and turkey gravy

Peas

Sweet potatoes either with nuts and goo on top or with pineapple and raisins

No bake pumpkin cheesecake

Cherry or blueberry cream cheese pie (if my other dd comes home)

(both pies with vanilla wafer crumb crusts)

Pickled beets

Celery with pb

Clementines (I just bought a box tonite...mmm so yummy)

Juliebove Rising Star

Alas we are not having a special dinner this year. At least I don't think so. We are snowed in and have been for days. Only have emergency food in the house and the stuff for the tuna casserole I was planning for Christmas day lunch when my parents were supposed to come over here, but now won't be. If I have electricity, I'll fix that. We are in the midst of another storm and are slated to get high winds that could knock the power out for over a week.

We were planning to do Christmas at my parent's house the following Sat., but now it looks like snow clear through then. *sigh* I don't know when we shall ever get out again.

celiac-mommy Collaborator

IF we can get out of our neighborhood and if I-5 clears out.....we will go to my grandmothers for Christmas Eve. Our menu is:

BBQ prime rib with the trimmings

Spiral Ham w/o glaze

my gluten-free homemade mac and cheese

baked potatoes with all the trimmings

some kind of steamed veggie, probably brussle sprouts

I'm bringing dessert-pumpkin gingerbread trifle (gluten-free) and something else-probably all of the cookies I've been baking since I can't leave my house (but I did manage to trek thru the snow to Starbucks yesterday-try to keep me away from my coffee :P )

Christmas day we do at my house and since everyone gorges themselves the night before, we just do a BIG veggie tray to snack on and then easy chili and cornbread for dinner.

hollyres Explorer

I'm making:

Sugardale ham with apricot glaze with soy sauce

Scalloped potatoes

Garlic stir fried green beans with french fried onions sprinkled on top

Whipped yams with butter, cinnimon, nutmeg & ginger - and a little brown sugar (my fav)

Chi-Chis Sweet Corn Cake - served warm

an olive/pickle dish

Deviled Eggs with Weber's mustard and Frank's hot sauce (yes, I live near Buffalo)

and when my husband and 2 teenage sons recover:

Chocolate chip brownies (the ones with just egg, butter, vanilla, salt - Gluten Free for Dummies book) served warm with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream

greeneyes33 Newbie

I know this is a little late being that its after Christmas, but for Christmas Eve I served:

Cheese

gluten-free crackers

Pepperoni

Meatballs

Shrimp Cocktail

Sweet and Sour Kielbasa

Tacos w/ all the toppings

Various fudge

Cookies

Vanilla Cake

Chocolate pound cake

My family likes to pick on a bunch of stuff. We never really do a full sit down meal for Christmas eve. More like an hors d'vors type of a thing. Everthing that I had was gluten free.

For Christmas day we go to my parents house and my father makes breakfast. We had eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, corned beef hash. Everyone else had toast, but I was fine without it.

purple Community Regular
I know this is a little late being that its after Christmas, but for Christmas Eve I served:

Cheese

gluten-free crackers

Pepperoni

Meatballs

Shrimp Cocktail

Sweet and Sour Kielbasa

Tacos w/ all the toppings

Various fudge

Cookies

Vanilla Cake

Chocolate pound cake

My family likes to pick on a bunch of stuff. We never really do a full sit down meal for Christmas eve. More like an hors d'vors type of a thing. Everthing that I had was gluten free.

For Christmas day we go to my parents house and my father makes breakfast. We had eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, corned beef hash. Everyone else had toast, but I was fine without it.

Sounds like great food for New Years!

ang1e0251 Contributor

Chocolate pound cake? RECIPE!!

Archived