Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hadabaday2day

Can Anyone Reccomend A Doctor In Washington State?

Or perhaps even a naturopath that is familiar with Celiac. Someone who will listen. Also are there any good food counselor or dietician with this experience. I want to make sure that I and especially my kids are getting proper nutrition. I also need to follow up on my diagnosis with tests on the rest of my body to see what damage I've done. Thanks for any help!

Alia

Alia 30

Mis-Dx 3/2005

Self Dx (although not necessary considering the testing I had done) 12/2008

+ for DH, + AgA IgG Not sure why I didn't get Dx with that info.

Ds 5- Neg bloodwork. Positive response to gluten-free trial. Gluten free and better than ever.

Dd 10- Neg bloodwork. No response to gluten-free trial, but gluten-free at home.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What area are you in?

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

What area are you in?

Bonney Lake. Pierce County

Alia 30

Mis-Dx 3/2005

Self Dx (although not necessary considering the testing I had done) 12/2008

+ for DH, + AgA IgG Not sure why I didn't get Dx with that info.

Ds 5- Neg bloodwork. Positive response to gluten-free trial. Gluten free and better than ever.

Dd 10- Neg bloodwork. No response to gluten-free trial, but gluten-free at home.

We're SW WA, I know there's a lot of people here from your area though....

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

I haven't found a Celiac Dr. I was hoping someone posted one here already, that is what I was looking for when I found this thread.

I did find one online once in the Seattle area but it was a cash only Dr's office. I finally have insurance I am going to use it!

But after reading that insurance will deny people new coverage if they are Celiac I am not sure I want to go to a Celiac Dr.

My Dr. is treating me so I think for now I am not going to worry about it.

She is in the Smokey Point area if you are interested. But again she doesn't know a great deal about Celiac but she treats me and I like her. She tested for nutritional deficiencies and will check my bone density out. If there are things that need to be treated, she is great. She does look for the related issues.

I just found this info-

Local Naturapatic Doctor for children in Seattle - Dr. Hatha helped my children a lot. I could not praise her integrative approach enough! She specializes on children health, behavior & health connection (ADHD, Autism), etc. The Doctor is very knowledgeable about Celiac Disease as well as on Gluten-free/Diary-free diet. She is a registered DAN! practitioner & she teaches at Bastyr University. Dr.Gbedawo accepts many insurance plans including Premiere Blue Cross Blue Shied.

Hatha Gbedawo, ND

Vital Kids Medicine

1421 NW 70th street

Seattle, WA 98117

ph: 206-782-1337fax: 206-297-6118

www.vitalkidsmedicine.com

drhathagbedawo@aol.com

Healthier Children lead to a Healthier World.

~Barb

Gluten Free October 18, 2007

YIPPEE for Gluten free