Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mr. moore

About "natural Flavors"

wow i have alot of that!

i guess ill try this diet then.

if it turns out i feel better i probably won't join the military because they're food is terrible.

I read your other thread and I can relate to alot of what you're feeling. Chemicals in foods can definately wreak havoc on the brain. I wasnt as young as you are when I started to experience the symptoms (I had many from the list above) so when it happened I definately knew something wasnt right....that it wasnt normal at all. I had been healthy for all my life with none of the symptoms on that list.

I ended up almost totally avoiding people because I couldnt follow conversations and I just felt "out of it" all the time. I felt kind of like I was on drugs most of the time.....totally spaced out. I also got to the point that I was having suicidal thoughts and just not really being able to cope anymore....everything seemed kind of out of my control.

Once I started making strict diet changes my head totally cleared...I felt happy again and I no longer had that spaced out feeling. No more brainfog (at least not as bad as it had been). I also reduced my exposure to household chemicals, perfumes, etc.

I hope you get good results from the diet but if things arent improving and you continue to feel bad, severely depressed.....and especially if you still feel suicidal at times.....be sure to seek medical help.

I havent been depressed since starting the diet although I do have a bad day here and there which is always related to what I've eaten. On Christmas I ate whatever I wanted (except soda) ALL DAY and seemed to do OK. I got a little bit of a runny nose and sore throat but nothing bad enough to make me stop eating. I woke up yesterday with a few "cold-like" symptoms which wore off pretty quickly and I thought I'd done really well with handling everything I'd eaten.

I went to work and got on the computer (same thing I do every morning) and I FORGOT how to do the same tasks that I do every day. I FORGOT all of the passwords I need to get into the computer. Everything was totally jumbled in my mind and I was trying to get on using very old passwords....I couldn't "get" the info. that I needed. It was there in my mind....but I couldnt access it. After 15 minutes I had to get help from a co-worker.

I havent had that problem in a VERY long time....so definately these things can affect the brain. If I ate whatever I wanted everyday eventually I wouldnt be able to function at all.

I read your other thread and I can relate to alot of what you're feeling. Chemicals in foods can definately wreak havoc on the brain. I wasnt as young as you are when I started to experience the symptoms (I had many from the list above) so when it happened I definately knew something wasnt right....that it wasnt normal at all. I had been healthy for all my life with none of the symptoms on that list.

I ended up almost totally avoiding people because I couldnt follow conversations and I just felt "out of it" all the time. I felt kind of like I was on drugs most of the time.....totally spaced out. I also got to the point that I was having suicidal thoughts and just not really being able to cope anymore....everything seemed kind of out of my control.

Once I started making strict diet changes my head totally cleared...I felt happy again and I no longer had that spaced out feeling. No more brainfog (at least not as bad as it had been). I also reduced my exposure to household chemicals, perfumes, etc.

I hope you get good results from the diet but if things arent improving and you continue to feel bad, severely depressed.....and especially if you still feel suicidal at times.....be sure to seek medical help.

I havent been depressed since starting the diet although I do have a bad day here and there which is always related to what I've eaten. On Christmas I ate whatever I wanted (except soda) ALL DAY and seemed to do OK. I got a little bit of a runny nose and sore throat but nothing bad enough to make me stop eating. I woke up yesterday with a few "cold-like" symptoms which wore off pretty quickly and I thought I'd done really well with handling everything I'd eaten.

I went to work and got on the computer (same thing I do every morning) and I FORGOT how to do the same tasks that I do every day. I FORGOT all of the passwords I need to get into the computer. Everything was totally jumbled in my mind and I was trying to get on using very old passwords....I couldn't "get" the info. that I needed. It was there in my mind....but I couldnt access it. After 15 minutes I had to get help from a co-worker.

I havent had that problem in a VERY long time....so definately these things can affect the brain. If I ate whatever I wanted everyday eventually I wouldnt be able to function at all.

well, then i have hope!

but you see i don't have faith in most doctors especially those that think it's all in my head. ive read more than they have probably.

is deli cut meat like honey glazed ham ok?

Probably not. Here the price sticker has the ingredients on the sticker. Don't know about there. They use flour as a binder in meats, especially ham.

Probably not. Here the price sticker has the ingredients on the sticker. Don't know about there. They use flour as a binder in meats, especially ham.

I don't think I have heard of that practice in the US mushroom.

well, then i have hope!

but you see i don't have faith in most doctors especially those that think it's all in my head. ive read more than they have probably.

I am glad to hear that you have hope. :)

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

CB, sorry to hear you're still having problems.  Deficiency of Vitamin B12 can cause diarrhea.  It's a frequently overlooked symptom.  Did you discuss with your doctor what to do about the B12 deficiency? Shots or oral supplements?  ...
    I think you should consider getting tested for celiac disease in order to help rule out gluten ataxia.  Why?  I just had anemia.  No GI issues with gluten.  I never would have guessed that I had celiac disease.  
    My mom has Graves.  I much prefer Hashimoto’s!  I had a few thyroid swings and it is easier to be hypo than hyper.  My Mom has permanent eye damage as a result.  If you have Graves, get treatment which may include surgery.  Her ferritin levels a...