This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Snow ?

purple

celiac-mommy Collaborator

We managed to get to my grandma's on Chrismas Eve, about 30 minutes away (normally), but it snowed nonstop from 7am to about 11. Snowed buckets at her house, but then started raining. The ride home was a little scary because everything was turning slushy. Christmas day we had no snow in the morning. My parents were supposed to drive up (about an hour normally). It wasn't snowing at their house either, but once on the road, it started, blizzard/white out conditions until they reached our house-I think they brought it with them because it then snowed an inch in less than 30 minutes. The flakes looked like tissues falling from the sky. Then it started raining again. Today is the first day in a full week that I was able to make it to work and it's been melting really fast so far. I'm a little concerned that now it will start flooding. We are supposed to drive to Idaho on New Years day, I hope it's all done with all this crap by then.... <_<

BUT, I am very very thankfull that everyone in my family (both sides) got to and fro safely AND other than sugar overload stomachaches, neither kid was glutened-and they ate a LOT!! :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

caek-is-a-lie Explorer

OMG I'm in Beaverton, OR and I still can't get my car out of the parking lot after a week and a half. My parents have been in Portland for 3 days and I still haven't seen them. I haven't seen them for over a year. My son wants to go to the zoo. My local bus line just started running again today. I just got some Christmas presents in the mail today, a day after Christmas. Our immediate-family Christmas was great but my extended family Christmas is postponed indefinitely. I want the freedom to DRIVE again! We got stuck in the slush day-before-yesterday just trying to get groceries 2 blocks away. I need to go out to find a turkey for our impending dinner before they're all gone. The snow was pretty but PLEASE make it go away. I want to see my parents before they leave next week!!! Some vacation from work THIS turned out to be! Our city/county refuses to plow the streets and won't declare a State of Emergency.

Signed,

Stuck in the F'ing house FOREVER!!!

Juliebove Rising Star

We still haven't gotten our Christmas presents in the mail and now Terminex can't even schedule an appointment for us. Just too much snow. I really need to get my insulin, needles and meds. :(

celiac-mommy Collaborator
I really need to get my insulin, needles and meds. :(

OMG, is there anyone that can get the supplies for you??

Juliebove Rising Star
OMG, is there anyone that can get the supplies for you??

My husband did pick them up for me but once again got the car stuck trying to get into the driveway. He finally got it in.

frec Contributor

On Sunday during the worst of the storm an overloaded tree split and came down on my classroom. The roof is leaking like crazy. Fortunately our building engineer was there (because of the power outage--the man is a saint.) and managed to tarp and board everything up. He also moved all my teacher books which were, of course, directly under the leak. I hiked up to check on things today--what a mess--garbage cans catching water everywhere, carpet torn up, and all my files and supplies scattered. I know what I'll be doing to celebrate the New Year.

purple Community Regular

Ok, so now I am getting tired of moving it. We have 3 feet on our garage roof and then...it rained. So now its like cement. I got 1/2 off today. The ladder isn't tall enough but I gotta get the rest off...then work on the house. (tired sigh) Its an older house so the roof doesn't slant enough for the snow to slide. My arms/wrists are so tired <_<

Not to mention all the other snowy places to push, pull and shovel.....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived