This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Blood Type

cat3883

mushroom Proficient

A+

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cahill Collaborator

AB+

My grandmother came to the US from Scotland when she was 5. I had red hair( it is now mostly white-gray ) hazel eyes and have very light skin.

bartfull Rising Star

A-

MJ-S Contributor

O+

beebs Enthusiast

O positive I think? Which is the common one? Hazel eyes/brown hair, Irish descent

Marilyn R Community Regular

O+

O+ and Dutch descent, inherited (I believe) by A+ Mom. Biopsy negative, but delayed several months while on gluten-free diet.

Googles Community Regular

I am O+ brown and hazel. I am also a Western Euromutt (sorry had to steal that) with some Native American ancestry.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cahill Collaborator

I would wonder if hazel eyes or being an euromutt are more of a common denominator (if there is one) than blood type .

Roda Rising Star

I posted earlier but I'm O+ with med brown hair and green eyes. My youngest son is O+ also with medium brown hair and dark brown eyes. My oldest son is A+ light brown hair and the deepest blue eyes you ever saw. My dad and brother(whom I think have celiac) have B+. They were both toe heads when they were little and their hair eventually turned light brown. They have hazel eyes. As for my dad, brother and I mostly german/european decent with a touch of native american(my great grandmother was half). As for my boys, they have what I have plus from their dad's father's side is pretty much all irish decent and some native american(my husband's grandfather was half). From their dad's mother's side I know that they were german Jews that emmigrated to the US.

DonnaMM Explorer

I too am A positive

AVR1962 Collaborator

A+ here! Sounds like I am reporting a grade!! Oddly enough I have looked at my blood type diet, Swedish decent, and the foods I have been forced to eat to get my vits levels where they need to be are the exact foods on the blood type diet and the diet of the Swedish.....lots of fish!

sa1937 Community Regular

I am A negative. Blonde hair, blue eyes, maternal grandparents were from Denmark and paternal grandparents were from Norway so I'm about as Scandinavian as I can get.

My celiac daughter is also A negative, blonde hair, blue eyes, 3/4 Scandinavian and 1/4 Heinz 57. :lol:

I've never given a thought to checking into the blood type diet.

kitgordon Explorer

B positive. Brown hair and eyes. "Euromutt" (love that!) with a smidge of Native American.

navigator Apprentice

A+, I'm Scottish with brown hair but red highlight/tones in it. Eyes grey/blue.

bartfull Rising Star

OK, I forgot to give my background and coloring. I have grey hair that used to be brown, blue/grey eyes, and I am German, English, Polish, and Lakota Sioux. (What a combination!)

yorkieluv Newbie

O+ Sandy blonde hair and hazel eyes.

RVluvin Apprentice

O+, Hispanic with 1/8 Irish, Brown hair with red and blond mixed in (and some white now). My mother was a natural red. Eyes are brown. Undocumented, but very likely some native american from my fathers side.

Austin Guy Contributor

0+, CMV-. Light brown hair, blue eyes. Grandfather of Irish descent and mom's side has Danish roots.

If you don't know what CMV negative is, I have never been exposed to the Cytomegalovirus, a flu-like virus most people are exposed to at some point. CMV can be dangerous to individuals with weakened immune systems, newborns and people undergoing organ transplants. For these individuals, having a blood donor who is CMV- (someone who has never been exposed to cytomegalovirus) is very important.

I used to donate a lot, but thanks to gluten (I know this now), my pulse and blood pressure got too high to donate. Getting off gluten has it back where it needs to be and I can donate again.

kareng Grand Master

I think we are all over the place with blood types!

I'm 0+. Reddish brown hair & freckles! No one asks where my ancestors come from, they just assume Irish or Scottish. Actually, only about 25% Irish, mostly German and some shady areas we are not sure of.

saintmaybe Collaborator

AB- here, with mostly Irish, Lebanese, and Eastern European ancestry. Hazel eyes, brown hair.

skyloft Newbie

O+, blue eyes, Irish, German

• 4 weeks later...
Kimberly888 Newbie

A+ brownish red hair scottish

chai Newbie

I'm B+, black hair, Brazilian and Italian descent.

So far i've been the only one diagnosed in my family but I suspect people on both my mothers and father's side could be celiac.

Judy3 Contributor

A+ Reddish Brown hair, Green eyes. Polish,German, Swedish, French, Indian (several tribes)... Apparently, my family never heard of borders!!! LOL

ciamarie Rookie

I'll play, since it was the blood-type diet that had me eating spelt and rye and very occasionally wheat for several years when I should have been gluten-free. :angry:

O+ American (Scottish and Canadian French and who knows what else).

Archived