Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jramfischer

Alaskan Cruise Experiences

My family is planning to cruise to Alaska this summer and we are wondering what type of gluten free Alaskan cruising experiences might be out there. If anyone would be willing to share, it would be greatly appreciated. TIA

This is copied from another Cruise topic I replied-on recently............

I went on an Alaskan Cruise aboard Norweigan......They sent me a list of gluten-free foods prior to departure and let me pick what items I wanted to have aboard (English Muffins / Pasta / Crackers, etc.). Then, I had a meeting the first night with the Maitre'd who reviewed the menu with me and discussed what items the Chefs could present as gluten-free. They even made me a gluten-free, flourless Chocolate dessert (Which was amazingly rich!).

Each night at dinner I was able to review the menu for the following night and pre-order my meal (Same went for B-fast).

Needless to say it was most reassuring that these people took me seriously and were watching-out for my best interests. I made a point of writing a thank-you note and tipping the Maitre'd for his consideration and, I definitely recommend Norweigan to anyone thinking about a cruise.

Cleveland Bob B)

We honeymooned in July 2007 to Alaska with Royal Carribbean. During our evening meals, the waiter would go through the menu with me and explain the items I could have. I experienced no CC issues throughout the trip. I was VERY careful with the lunch buffet and packed some things for my breakfast, because the buffet set up made me nervous, but if I had advocated for myself a bit, it probably would have been fine. I was also sure to pack snacks, etc. for days on land to tie me over until dinner - assuming that in Alaska I might struggle to find a celiac friendly restaurant. At the end of the cruise, I left feeling confident that I would sail with RC again. They were very accommodating.

Have fun! We loved everything about it!