Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lilliexx

Digestive Problems

i know i have posted this before....but since there are new people here all the time, i thought someone might have some more advice.

i am 8 months gluten free. all of my symptoms are gone except the digestive problems. every time i eat ( anything) my stomach growls really loud for about 20 minutes and i have gas. it doesnt hurt....but its very annoying.i was just wondering if there is any safe thing to take for this? and is it normal to still have this symptom after 8 months?

thanks lillie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

For some people it just takes longer for symptoms to go away. Have you seen improvement on the diet? If you have that means your body is in the healing process it just may be happening at a slower pace but you could bring it up when you see your doctor just to make sure thats all thats going on.

Hmm....well, it's good that it doesn't cause pain--but I'd bring it up with your GI, all the same...if there was some other problem, you'd want to know about it. I made the mistake of waiting a year, thinking I was gettings sick because my intestines weren't fully healed.

I would definately tell your doctor about your symptoms. I have read that if you continue to have symptoms after 6 months of being gluten-free, then you should contact your doctor to make sure nothing else is going on.

Hope you feel better soon!

i have had bad experiences with doctors recently. i have no insurance so i have to go to community health clinics...and i feel better getting advice from here then from those people :unsure:

i had bad stomach problems for 7 years before i found out about a gluten intolerence....so my intestines are probably more damaged then some.

i mainly started this thread so i could find out some gluten free gas & bloating medicines,or herbal remedies...or anything that will help. i guess i should have been more clear.

thanks