This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Individually Wrapped Snacks

AMQmom

AMQmom Explorer

Happy New Year! My church is organizing an allergy free snack distribution/awareness group. I am researching individually wrapped snack ideas for youth - ideally gluten free and allergen free. Even if just gluten-free, I would welcome any suggestions that you have. Any ideas of easy, yummy snacks for little ones? Of course, I am digging online for options, but thought that you all were a great resource! Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ang1e0251 Contributor

That is a great idea! THe one time I provided a snack and didn't ask about special needs, one child couldn't participate and I was mortified. I tried to do better after that. I think your having a plan ahead of time is a proactive one.

The one thing that comes to mind are Lara bars. They are my back up. Of course if they don't have to keep indefinately, you could wrap up any allergy homemade items. Nuts, Rice chex mix, rice chex bars or muddy buddys, individually wrapped cheeses, corn tortilla chips, Fritos, fresh food, hard boiled eggs.

Was this what you were looking for?

missy'smom Collaborator

shelf stable pudding cups-there might be a flavor or two that are not gluten-free but many are gluten-free, fruit cups, gelatin cups, applesauce cups,all-natural fruit leathers, Costco sells packets of freeze dried apples and asian pears

jerseyangel Proficient

Another idea might be Enjoy Life Snack Bars. They come individually wrapped and in a few different flavors.

I use them to keep in my purse so I always have something to eat. :)

stolly Collaborator

My kids like Envirokids Crispy Bars--berry or chocolate. They also have peanut butter which we don't like as much. I order them off Amazon for a good price, but our Costco just started carrying a multipack with the chocolate and peanut butter bars.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

I go to Costco (or Sam's Club) and buy big boxes of 50 snack-size bags of Frito's corn chips (ingredients: corn, oil, salt).

GFqueen17 Contributor

Mi-del makes individually wrapped oreos...i love them! they are gluten free and dairy free but not egg free or soy free.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Bakery on Main makes some really good granola type bars that come individually wrapped.

MaryJones2 Enthusiast

Jennie's Macaroons are available individually wrapped.

Archived